7 Thoughts You Have the Week Before Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Counting down the days until you leave, wondering how there can possibly be so many left to go.  

The excitement from remembering that you’ll be reunited with your pets soon (and your family too I guess). 

Losing your appetite once entering the dining halls because all you can think of is non-Sodexo food for Thanksgiving.  

Calculating how much Netflix you can watch over the break. 

Remembering that you still somehow have a midterm before Thanksgiving.  

Making the decision to nap instead of studying for that midterm.  

And finally, hearing that your professor didn’t cancel class for Tuesday, prolonging the week another day. 

Cassie is a sophomore at Brandeis University from Maine, double majoring in environmental studies and history. When Cassie is not combating climate change with Brandeis Climate Justice or attending a zumba class or intramural soccer game, she can be found wandering Sachar woods, taking note on the tree species there or discussing feminism with friends in upper Usdan over a quesadilla and smoothie from Curritos.
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.