This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

The time is almost here! Who doesn’t love a cozy Thanksgiving spent with family, loved ones, and…food!? It is a great time to think about the things you are most grateful for, and we found it necessary to break down Thanksgiving in stages…

You wake up on the morning of Thanksgiving and you start to think about the amount of food that is going to be consumed…

You roll out of bed and head over to the fridge, where you see said food…

The phone rings and it’s a relative telling you they’ll be on their way in an hour. So you sprint excitedly into the shower… 

When they arrive, and there may or may not be a fight over the fact that there’s two pumpkin pies…

The rest of the family arrives and the food is warming up in the oven…

Finally, everyone sits down and you pile food on your plate…

Now for the best stage of all—EATING! 

Then the food coma hits…

So you undo your belt because it is just too tight…

You excuse yourself from the table to lie down on the couch…

Eventually the family joins you and you’re all on the couch watching television…

You fall asleep in the bliss that is the Thanksgiving coma and you dream of next year…

In the end, Thanksgiving can be summed in one gif…

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.