This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Fun fact! Did you know that Boston is in the top five windiest cities in America? With an average wind speed of 12mph, we Brandeisians are no strangers to the bitter gusts.  And with heavy wind comes a plethora of annoyances, anyone object? Here are just a couple of thoughts that female students might experience while walking across campus on an average windy day in Waltham.

1.  How many hair ties should I bring? Will one be sufficient? Do I need to break out the ‘90s style crunchy for ultimate support?

2.  Maybe I should have brought the hat that mom sent me 3 weeks ago along with the note she left, “you’ll thank me.”

3.  But wait, then I would have to change my jacket so that they would match. Strike that!

4.  Why am I wearing lip gloss? (As you proceed to unlatch strands of hair from mouth for the third time)

5.  Why am I wearing a dress?

6.  I wonder if someone would try to save me if that one strong gust of wind picked me up off the ground and I began to float away.

7.  To get to Gosman I would have to walk by the Castle.  What if the wind blows the castle down on top of me? (Slowly proceeds to unlace gym shoes and finish the half-eaten bagel from Einstein’s)

8.  So… Underground tunnel?

9.  Finally made it to class! Whew, not going out there again!

10.  Wait, I swore I brought my laptop.  Where is my laptop?! (Wipes tear, begins to zip jacket back up)

Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.