Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bowie State News

Welcome Back BSU

By Amanda Sutton
January 28, 2012 - 4:47pm

Mom is in the kitchen making a delicious breakfast scrambled eggs, toast, turkey bacon and a tall glass of orange juice. As you lie in bed you can smell the sweet aroma arising from the kitchen creeping underneath your bedroom door. Your dad knocks on the door and says in a deep baritone but warm voice, "honey its time to wake up today is your first day back to school". Before you can answer your dad, your alarm clock goes off and you are no longer in a dream. READ MORE

What's Next After Graduation

By Amanda Sutton
November 30, 2011 - 11:47pm

During the first semester as a freshmen most students have a general concept of a chosen career path. Unfortunately most college students do not have an action plan on achieving these goals. Setting personal and professional goals are important, however the most critical aspect of achieving these goals are creating an action plan. Every day it is important to construct a to do list, and everyday each goal that you set out to accomplish should be completed. Self satisfaction is a driving force in helping both students, and professionals stay motivated to complete tasks for short and long term goals. READ MORE

In which ways is BSU similar to your favorite fictional HBCUs?

By Sathiyyah Parks-Barrett
November 7, 2011 - 5:30pm

Part One: Bowie State v. Hillman READ MORE

How to Effectively Resolve Roommate Issues

By Sathiyyah Parks-Barrett
October 11, 2011 - 1:23am

How to Effectively Resolve Roommate Issues READ MORE