Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bowie State Blog

Have Contiki, Will Travel - Win the Trip of a Lifetime!

By Ameara Harb
February 10, 2012 - 1:57pm

It’s safe to say that for most of us at Bowie State, studying abroad is part of our college plan. But even with a study abroad plan in the works (or behind you), when Spring begins to peak through the clouds, the travel itch starts, and dreaming about a epic Euro-trip or an Australian adventure becomes a daily distraction when struggling through our oh-so-boring lectures. READ MORE

Finding the Balance

By Amanda Sutton
November 19, 2011 - 10:58pm

The semester is winding down and your friends want to party. You are torn and feel peer pressured into hanging out with them more than studying in the library. Your grades are decent but deep down inside you know that you are not doing your best and they could be much better. As the clock is ticking down, the leaves are falling, and winter coats are brought from the back of the closet to the front, and the reality that fall semester is concluding is becoming more apparent. The problem is how do you stay true to the commitment of grades first fun later being a young adult without a parent, principal, or teacher watching over you? READ MORE

Life After a Tragedy

By Ashley Moore
October 11, 2011 - 1:20am

Life After a Tragedy READ MORE