Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bowie State Archives

Have Contiki, Will Travel - Win the Trip of a Lifetime!

By Ameara Harb
February 10, 2012 - 1:57pm

It’s safe to say that for most of us at Bowie State, studying abroad is part of our college plan. But even with a study abroad plan in the works (or behind you), when Spring begins to peak through the clouds, the travel itch starts, and dreaming about a epic Euro-trip or an Australian adventure becomes a daily distraction when struggling through our oh-so-boring lectures. READ MORE

Welcome Back BSU

By Amanda Sutton
January 28, 2012 - 4:47pm

Mom is in the kitchen making a delicious breakfast scrambled eggs, toast, turkey bacon and a tall glass of orange juice. As you lie in bed you can smell the sweet aroma arising from the kitchen creeping underneath your bedroom door. Your dad knocks on the door and says in a deep baritone but warm voice, "honey its time to wake up today is your first day back to school". Before you can answer your dad, your alarm clock goes off and you are no longer in a dream. READ MORE

PRSSA "Whats Next After Graduation"

By Amanda Sutton
December 2, 2011 - 4:16pm

Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Bowie State Chapter spotted in the Wiseman Student Center with the guest PR professional panelists during "What's Next After Graduation" event. READ MORE

What's Next After Graduation

By Amanda Sutton
November 30, 2011 - 11:47pm

During the first semester as a freshmen most students have a general concept of a chosen career path. Unfortunately most college students do not have an action plan on achieving these goals. Setting personal and professional goals are important, however the most critical aspect of achieving these goals are creating an action plan. Every day it is important to construct a to do list, and everyday each goal that you set out to accomplish should be completed. Self satisfaction is a driving force in helping both students, and professionals stay motivated to complete tasks for short and long term goals. READ MORE

Avery Pearsall

By Amanda Sutton
November 30, 2011 - 10:47pm

Name: Avery Pearsall
Age: 22
Hometown: Baltimore, MD
Classification: Senior
Major: Communication
Campus Affiliations: SGA, Founder of New Era
Relationship Status: Single 1.What do you like to do for fun? READ MORE

Finding the Balance

By Amanda Sutton
November 19, 2011 - 10:58pm

The semester is winding down and your friends want to party. You are torn and feel peer pressured into hanging out with them more than studying in the library. Your grades are decent but deep down inside you know that you are not doing your best and they could be much better. As the clock is ticking down, the leaves are falling, and winter coats are brought from the back of the closet to the front, and the reality that fall semester is concluding is becoming more apparent. The problem is how do you stay true to the commitment of grades first fun later being a young adult without a parent, principal, or teacher watching over you? READ MORE

Byron Ward

By Amanda Sutton
November 15, 2011 - 1:49am

Name: Byron Ward
Age: 22 Hometown: Silver Spring, MD
Classification: Senior
Major: Biology
Campus Affiliations: Bio-Med club member
Relationship Status: Single What do you like to do for fun? Hang out with friends, Going to the movies, Traveling. Going to sporting events,doesn't matter which sport I love them all. And almost any high adrenaline activity. And sometimes kicking back and just chilling. What’s your favorite thing about Bowie State Women? I love the desire and drive that the young women at Bowie State have. Despite their background or what ever affiliations they have on campus, they all seem to have a appetite for success. What impresses you about a girl when you first meet her? I would have to say her confidence...

SGA Officers Pose in the MLK

By Sathiyyah Parks-Barrett
November 8, 2011 - 5:42pm

Sisterhood is a beautiful thing. Miss Essence poses with her soror, who is the SGA Vice President. These ladies are members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. This photo was used with the permission of Dr. Briscoe.  READ MORE

In which ways is BSU similar to your favorite fictional HBCUs?

By Sathiyyah Parks-Barrett
November 7, 2011 - 5:30pm

Part One: Bowie State v. Hillman READ MORE

Donna Broadway

By Sathiyyah Parks-Barrett
November 3, 2011 - 7:00pm

READ MORE