Tucker Williams ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

(Prospective) Major: math and economicsHometown: Marshfield, MARelationship Status: singleCampus Activities: rugby, Outing Club, intramural basketball

I met Tucker Williams in the Union on a drizzly Monday afternoon. We chatted a bit about movies (Dead Poet’s Society or Good Will Hunting are two of his faves) and his Pre-O trip (stargazing on the summit of Mt. Katahdin) before he let me ask some of the “soul-searching” questions.

HC: What do you look for in a potential partner?TW: “One thing I look for in a girl, beyond that original attraction, is that she’s someone I can hold a conversation with and actually enjoy her company.”

HC: What are some of your biggest turn-offs?TW: “Not being genuine is probably the biggest turn off for me. When we first meet, and it seems like she’s faking or trying too hard, it’s just so frustrating. I really appreciate when a girl is comfortable just being herself.”

HC: What would you do on your dream date?TW: “We’d go out on the beach at night during the summertime, and I’d bring a blanket and some food and drinks. It’s not too much money, but then you get to see the water and the moon and the stars (aww!).”

HC: What’s your best quality?TW: “My sense of humor. I think I’m a funny guy. I also like to think I’m kind.”

HC: What’s a fun fact about you? (Author’s note: He warned me it was gruesome beforehand)TW: “When I was in second grade, I got into a car accident. Four of my baby teeth got stuck in my dad’s forehead, and I had to pull my jaw out.”

HC: Do you have advice for anyone that wants to get to know you better?TW: “My advice would be to just approach me – sit down with me at lunch or casually introduce yourself. I know that might sound generic, but I guarantee I might be having the same concerns about approaching someone and not making it awkward. Maybe say something corny and tell me I dropped my pen, especially if I didn’t!”

Kylie is a junior neuroscience major at Bowdoin College. When she’s not writing or editing pieces for Her Campus, you can find her playing with animals at the local animal shelter, tripping over tree roots on her daily run, or re-reading her favorite literary trilogies. She's currently obsessed with burgundy pedicures, Laini Taylor novels, Fly Art hoodies, and french fries.