Trevor Kenkel '18

Posted -

Major: Undeclared, but hopefully Biology with a minor in Economics Hometown: Kalispell, MT Relationship Status: Single Campus Activities: Springworks (a sustainable agriculture company), Men’s Rugby

HC: What do you look for in a potential partner?TK: "Sense of humor is very important, but intelligence definitely ranks up there, too. You just got to have fun together, and a sense of humor is essential for that.”

HC: What are some of your biggest turn-offs? TK: “When a girl acts like she’s stupid, even though she’s not. As if it counts against her somehow.”

HC: Who is your celebrity crush? TK: “I’m going to have to go with [Emilia Clarke, who plays] Daenarys Targaryan on Game of Thrones.”

HC: What is your dream date? TK: "Riding dragons with Daenarys Targaryan. (Laughs). Actually, no – hiking up a mountain to a beautiful waterfall, eating a picnic, watching a sunset, and then camping for the night.”

HC: What’s your best quality? TK: "How humble I am.”

HC: What are some causes or issues that matter to you? TK: “Sustainable agriculture, right off the top there.  I think it’s a big challenge that we all face, and I’m excited to be a part of the solution.”

HC: Have you always cared about sustainable agriculture, or was there a special moment that sparked your interest?TK: “Actually there kind of was. There was this creek I used to go to fly-fish sometimes.  It was probably fourth grade when all the fish in the creek died, and all the biodiversity of the creek was significantly reduced, and I wondered what had happened. It turned out it was agriculture upstream that was causing the harm to the glacier-fed creek.”

HC: What’s a fun fact about yourself? TK:“I once won a hula-hooping contest in Mexico. I actually got roped into it by my family. I had never hula-hooped before, but I’m very competitive, so I didn’t want to lose. Turns out I ended up facing off with this young Mexican girl. We were going at it, I was looping the hoop around my neck and she was going crazy, but I ended up winning five-hundred pesos. And then this guy asked me if I wanted to be on the international hula-hooping circuit.”

HC: Do you have any advice for anyone that wants to get to know you better? TK: “Just come up and talk to me!”

About The Author

Isel is a first year at Bowdoin College with interests in Government and Economics. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can catch her volunteering at the Hawthorne School, soliciting donations for the Annual Fund, and worshiping her idol, Olivia Pope. She has great appreciation for wool socks, YouTube videos without advertisements, and hummus.

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login