Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bowdoin News

Ivies As Told By The Characters of Girls

By Daisy Alioto
April 23, 2013 - 5:07pm

If you’re really invested you start early in the week Although the formal kick-off is Brunswick Quad on Friday, where everyone will compliment each other on their sundresses You’ll probably meet a visiting guy with cool stories about life at a big university But you’ll draw a hard line if he tries to follow you and your girls around READ MORE

#Siglife

By Taylor Page
April 19, 2013 - 11:01pm

#siglife READ MORE

What is SEXY?

By Taylor Page
April 5, 2013 - 1:08pm

Consent is Sexy Week 2013 starts next week and it’s gotten me thinking… About consent, of course, which must be the backbone of any sexual encounter, be it between first time friends or long time partners.  But more than that, I’ve been thinking about sexy.  What is sexy? As much as Cosmo, Glamour, Women’s Health and the other piles of rags for women lecture me about it, sexy is still a hard concept for me to fully grasp.  Not the definition of it—one thing Bowdoin has taught me, Messrs. Wood and Toscano, is how to use a dictionary! But “sexually attractive or exciting” just doesn’t quite give me what I’m looking for.  Cool, dictionary, way to use a variation of the word in the definition! Luckily, other people before me have thought about this question, so...

Saving Spring Break

By Margot Fay Howard
March 29, 2013 - 11:16pm

Returning to Brunswick after enjoying a beach-y spring break can be a bummer. Mere days ago, you could have found us rocking our Salvo cutoffs, soaking up sun, surf and sand, and definitely not doing the reading we swore we would do (ok, that last part is still true). Now that we’re back to cold hard reality, we fear the rejuvenating effects of spring break will fade faster than our tan lines. Fret not, Bowdoin beach babes! Our wardrobes will be holding tight to that super cool spring break vibe whatever the weather. Here are our picks and why they work.   READ MORE

10 Spring Break Must-Dos!

By Taylor Page
March 7, 2013 - 8:10pm

10 Spring Break Must-Dos: READ MORE

Skinny Mirrors: Friends or Foes?

By Charlotte Alimanestianu
March 1, 2013 - 9:13pm

Mirrors - a girl’s best friend or worst enemy? We’ve all ventured into a dressing room and felt like the walking dead; fluorescent lights and a bad mirror can make you look terrible. On the opposite end of the spectrum, some retail stores have installed “skinny mirrors” and dim lighting in order to increase sales and satisfy their customers.  So do these so-called “skinny mirrors” actually exist? Many Bowdoin ladies believe so, and claim there are some right here on campus. READ MORE

New Makeup Looks Inspired By Your Favorite TV Characters

By Margot Fay Howard
February 22, 2013 - 7:21pm

Looking for new makeup ideas? Here are 3 cool looks perfect for everyday wear, inspired by our favorite TV shows! Downton Abbey Though these stunning ladies who live in the most drama-filled estate in all of England are technically bare-faced, you can re-create their English refinery with these steps: READ MORE

SPARK

By Taylor Page
February 21, 2013 - 11:33pm

READ MORE

Winter Weekend Wardrobe

By Emily Serwer
February 15, 2013 - 9:33am

This weekend, Bowdoin students across campus will be coming together to celebrate a Maine winter in its full glory through a revamped, historied 'Winter Weekend'. Brought to us by BSG, the eBoard, and Bowdoin Student Activities, programs ranging from dog sledding to horse-drawn carriages with be offered throughout both days.   While the next few days will undoubtedly bring exciting events, the proper outfit is essential to staying warm and happy. Nothing ruins the mood more than uncontrollable shivering and runny noses. Luckily, conserving heat does not mean we have to throw our outfits to the wayside. Below are some wardrobe suggestions. READ MORE

Making NYFW Brunswick Friendly

By Margot Fay Howard
February 14, 2013 - 7:25pm

It’s that time again. New York Fashion Week has just wrapped up; the models are hobbling back to their caves, the designers are celebrating with the high and mighty and the interns are locking themselves in their studio walk-ups for a long winter's nap. The editors, however, are just getting started. Every blog, magazine and Twitter account is clamoring to tell you the hottest trends for Fall 2013--and HerCampus is not about to miss out on the opportunity. So move over Vogue. here are the biggest style and beauty moments of NYFW and how to make them work for our beloved Bubble.   1. Belted Jacket. READ MORE