This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

Name: Joe Russo

Nicknames: Mr. October, Idiot, Mr. Russeaux, J-Goose Flying Eagle, Pride of Italy, loser, Joerussolem

Hometown:  Northboro, MA

Class year: 2014

Major: Econ and Earth and Ocean Sciences

Campus Activities: Soccer, Grassroots soccer

Relationship Status: Single

Preferred Relationship status: Probably at least an “it’s complicated” on Facebook.

What is your spirit animal and why? I don’t know what that means.

Which Disney Princess would you date and why? None of them because they are two-dimensional and I don’t roll that way.

Who is your favorite superhero? Jason Bourne or Super Mario #45

If you had to play another sport besides soccer what would it be and why?Hockey and Lax so JFlow can manage me all year.

What is your go to dance move? The fake injury.  That’ll get the people going.

If you had a catchphrase what would it be?   The dead teach the living.

What is your favorite chick flick? Legally Blonde. Or the Devil Wears Prada. Nothing wrong with those movies.

If your apartment was on fire and you only had time to save 3 things what would they be and why?

My personal diary. The FIFA. Marecki. In that order.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?Lobster.

Blondes or Brunettes? I don’t really have a preference because I love people from all walks of life.

What is your favorite place on campus? Brunswick G two years ago. People used to leave there with hair on their chest.

What is the one thing you want to do before you graduate?

Have another soccer season like the one we had freshman year.

What do you look for in a girl? I have to like them as a person as well as be attracted to them.

What is your ideal date?

That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25th. Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket. 

Fun Fact? Andy Gray brought his pet anteater with him from New Zealand

Marissa is a senior at Bowdoin College, majoring in Government and minoring in English. She's interned with NPR, The Christian Science Monitor and ELLE.com. In her spare time she enjoys writing poetry, baking cupcakes, tweeting, and admiring the big dipper. She hopes to live in a lighthouse someday, with 27 cats and a good set of watercolors.