David Francisco Phipps ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

Class: 2014
Major/Minor:  Neuro/Comp Sci Double Major
Hometown: Darien, Connecticut

Favorite book:
‘Demian’ by Hermann Hesse

Moulton or Thorne:
Moulton, the dark room is kind of a tradition, we claim we’re favored by the Gods of Moulton

Activities:
Slam Poets, BMC, band called DFP (the name was not my idea), choir

Celebrity crush:
Emma Watson

Favorite Harry Potter book:
3rd book

Favorite prof:
Professor Greenlee (choir professor), he gives the strangest metaphors–he’s really wise. He’s a great guy to talk to.

Ice cream flavor:
Maine Tracks

Would you rather play a week long game of Monopoly, or live in a K-mart for two months?
K-mart

If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
Somewhere extreme, like the bottom of the ocean. Of the places I’ve been before: toss-up between Budapest and New Mexico.

Would you rather live near the mountains or the ocean?
The mountains are sweet, but I like the ocean.

Favorite childhood show:
Pokemon

Favorite place to study on campus:
I usually just study in my room, so I can stay up late and I won’t have to walk back. 

Weirdest article of clothing that you own? 
For the band we went to Salvo because the prison uniform didn’t arrive on time [no context], it’s a denim jacket with frills. 

Who else is in your band?
Nate Joseph ’13, Tom Keefe ’14, Sam Roberts ’14

Ideal date:
Going somewhere new and beautiful, but the most important thing wouldn’t be the date itself but the conversation that comes from it. 

Boat or motorcycle:
I forgot how to ride a bicycle. I think I technically own a boat, it’s named “After You”.

Puppies or kittens:
We’ve always had cats in my house, I’ve grown up with cats–3 at one point.

Favorite movie:
‘Cloud Atlas’

Best thing about Bowdoin:
Ivies, not just because of the drinking, everyone’s in such a great mood—but the drinking’s a part of it.

Worst thing about Bowdoin:
It’s really inconvenient for people to just come up and see you, it doesn’t happen as often as I feel like it should.

Party with Ke$ha or Lindsay Lohan:
I’ll go with Ke$ha.

Social house theme that has never been done that you’d like to see done:
It would be kind of funny it there were an Ivies theme, security would never let it go through but there was a Blackout party last year so there’s a possibility it could get through on the DL.

Marissa is a senior at Bowdoin College, majoring in Government and minoring in English. She's interned with NPR, The Christian Science Monitor and ELLE.com. In her spare time she enjoys writing poetry, baking cupcakes, tweeting, and admiring the big dipper. She hopes to live in a lighthouse someday, with 27 cats and a good set of watercolors.