Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bowdoin Blog

10 Ivies Staples You Already Own

By Margot Fay Howard
April 24, 2013 - 1:12am

Ivies: whether you’re a revved-up rookie or a devoted veteran, this weekend of bacchanal proportions presents fabulous sartorial potential for all us polar bearrettes. From the sundresses that pepper Brunswick Quad, to the classic bro tank and trucker hat combo sported during the headlining concert, Ivies is a perfect time to show off your stylin’ skills.   READ MORE

Making the Switch...

By Charlotte Alimanestianu
April 19, 2013 - 10:59pm

Making the Switch…   Here are three everyday health-conscious food choices that can be made in the dinning hall and the Café!   Almond Milk vs. Cow’s Milk The healthier choice: Almond Milk READ MORE

Sunny With A Chance of Style

By Margot Fay Howard
April 12, 2013 - 4:47pm

Spring in Maine can mean sunny skies and chilly winds. Tackle both with some stylin’ sunglasses and super scarves with a little nail polish for good measure... Feeling sporty? Try classic aviators, a patriotic infinity scarf and trendy matte white polish. Sweet more your style? These cute heart-shaped shades will do the trick, paired with a butterfly pashmina and cool-blue polish. Finally, for all you sexy ladies out there, be bold with these fierce cat-eyes, a luxe silk square and classic fuchsia tips. READ MORE

Seasonal Transition in Maine

By Daisy Alioto
March 29, 2013 - 11:49pm

READ MORE

How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love 'The Vagina Monologues'

By Daisy Alioto
March 1, 2013 - 10:08pm

My first year at Bowdoin, I resisted attending ‘The Vagina Monologues.’ As a freshman girl, sex had taken on some decidedly negative connotations--saying ‘no’ was a sure way to disappoint that cute upperclassman you’d just met; however, if you said ‘yes’ too many times, everyone would know. I could tell that this paradox had a relationship to feminism, but reclaiming power through my vagina was the last thing I wanted to do. I wasn’t my vagina... I was a personality and a set of unique interests, and I wanted some recognition for this from the opposite sex damn it. READ MORE

The 4 People You Meet at Every Social House Party

By Issy Albi
February 22, 2013 - 11:18am

READ MORE

Gelato Fiasco's Sweet 'First Date' Video

By Daisy Alioto
February 11, 2013 - 9:57pm

How perfect is this cute new Gelato Fiasco commercial to get everyone in the Valentine's Day spirit?! READ MORE

Don't Be THAT Guy

By Issy Albi

20 Post-Breakup Steps

By Bowdoin's Very Own Carrie Bradshaw
January 27, 2013 - 11:11pm

Some break ups seem to be facilitated by Glinda the good witch, who waves her magic wand so that nobody gets hurt and everyone can still be friends. That's what we hope for, anyway, but for the Glinda-less, it goes a little bit like this... 1.     Cry 2.     Cry more 3.     Invest in waterproof eyeliner and mascara 4.     Throw away all the things your ex ever gave you (or things that make you think of them) 5.     Pull all the things you threw away out of the trash 6.     Drink a bottle of wine while watching 'Sex and the City', the movie READ MORE

Charticle: The Sunday Saturday Distinction

By Isabelle Albi
December 3, 2012 - 6:13pm

READ MORE