Best #Boots of Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

Boots, booties, bootlets–if you’re talking about any variation of that cold-weather staple you are in good company, for ’tis the season. I took a break from oggling my roommates’ latest shoeware purchases in order to check out the hashtag #boots on Instagram. 

Although it seems the world outside of the Bowdoin Bubble is also boot crazed, not all uploads are created equal.

Here’s what we can glean from the best #boots of Instagram:

1. A worn-in pair assumes a ‘devil may care’ attitude when leaf-crunching or frolicing in a pumpkin patch. While everyone else nurses blisters, you can enjoy some oldie but goodies that feel so right:

2. Hello ferocious/Keep your leopard to small doses/These boots prove the print/Belongs on your toeses!

3. Best make an outfit of it. These two-toned boots refuse to let an awesome statement necklace completely steal the show. Wanna go for a three-toned look? Invest in some over-the-knee socks–you can rock it. 

4. Are these men’s boots? Possibly. Do I care? No. Nothing says autumn like androgyny!

5. These boots are best friends, and it’s obvious why…Laces? Stacked heel? Paneling? Oh hey sole sister. 

6. It looks like we found Miss New Booty. Too bad she seems to be fleeing.

Marissa is a senior at Bowdoin College, majoring in Government and minoring in English. She's interned with NPR, The Christian Science Monitor and ELLE.com. In her spare time she enjoys writing poetry, baking cupcakes, tweeting, and admiring the big dipper. She hopes to live in a lighthouse someday, with 27 cats and a good set of watercolors.