Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bowdoin Archives

Brunswick Quad's Finest: The Gentlemen

By Catherine Yochum
May 2, 2013 - 8:29pm

(Left to Right)
1.Fhiwa Ndou '13
2. Tom Peabody '14
3. Matt Mathias '14
4. Ryan Kulesza '15 READ MORE

David Francisco Phipps '14

By Daisy Alioto
May 2, 2013 - 8:13pm

Class: 2014
Major/Minor:  Neuro/Comp Sci Double Major
Hometown: Darien, Connecticut Favorite book:
‘Demian’ by Hermann Hesse Moulton or Thorne:
Moulton, the dark room is kind of a tradition, we claim we’re favored by the Gods of Moulton Activities:
Slam Poets, BMC, band called DFP (the name was not my idea), choir Celebrity crush:
Emma Watson Favorite Harry Potter book:
3rd book READ MORE

Brunswick Quad's Finest: The Ladies

By Catherine Yochum
April 26, 2013 - 10:11pm

Left to Right: 
1. Lynn '13
2. Tina '13
3. Danielle and Kellen '13
4. Raven '13 READ MORE

Tristan McCormick and Connor Smith '13

By Daisy Alioto
April 26, 2013 - 12:51pm

The idea for an Ivies app started out as a simple enough concept: a countdown to the most hyped week(end) of the year accompanied by the question, “Is it Ivies yet?” Now that Ivies is upon us, I can’t help but give thanks that the brainchild of Tristan McCormick  ’13 and Connor Smith ’13, with graphics by Youngshim Hwang ’13, has evolved to be the functional ‘Ivies Companion’. Still don’t know your limits? Track your BAC with Ivies Companion. Are you ‘killing it’? Transpose the words ‘Killing it’ on your classiest Ivies photos just so that’s clear. Wanna call Randy? No need to scroll through your contacts… READ MORE

Marnie Hull '15

By Daisy Alioto
April 25, 2013 - 8:20am

Major/Minor: Art History/French double major Hometown: Toledo, OH What activities are you involved with on campus? SMAC, Arabesque, Elemental, Obvious, and I'm the Programming Director of Macmillan House What is the best music to listen to on a rainy day?
 Iron and Wine/Norah Jones READ MORE

10 Ivies Staples You Already Own

By Margot Fay Howard
April 24, 2013 - 1:12am

Ivies: whether you’re a revved-up rookie or a devoted veteran, this weekend of bacchanal proportions presents fabulous sartorial potential for all us polar bearrettes. From the sundresses that pepper Brunswick Quad, to the classic bro tank and trucker hat combo sported during the headlining concert, Ivies is a perfect time to show off your stylin’ skills.   READ MORE

Ivies As Told By The Characters of Girls

By Daisy Alioto
April 23, 2013 - 5:07pm

If you’re really invested you start early in the week Although the formal kick-off is Brunswick Quad on Friday, where everyone will compliment each other on their sundresses You’ll probably meet a visiting guy with cool stories about life at a big university But you’ll draw a hard line if he tries to follow you and your girls around READ MORE

#Siglife

By Taylor Page
April 19, 2013 - 11:01pm

#siglife READ MORE

Making the Switch...

By Charlotte Alimanestianu
April 19, 2013 - 10:59pm

Making the Switch…   Here are three everyday health-conscious food choices that can be made in the dinning hall and the Café!   Almond Milk vs. Cow’s Milk The healthier choice: Almond Milk READ MORE

Sunny With A Chance of Style

By Margot Fay Howard
April 12, 2013 - 4:47pm

Spring in Maine can mean sunny skies and chilly winds. Tackle both with some stylin’ sunglasses and super scarves with a little nail polish for good measure... Feeling sporty? Try classic aviators, a patriotic infinity scarf and trendy matte white polish. Sweet more your style? These cute heart-shaped shades will do the trick, paired with a butterfly pashmina and cool-blue polish. Finally, for all you sexy ladies out there, be bold with these fierce cat-eyes, a luxe silk square and classic fuchsia tips. READ MORE