5 Ways to Stay Healthy During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

1. SLEEP!!!! During exam season it’s easy to prioritize academics over many other things, but sleep should not neglected. If you don’t get enough sleep, you actually end up performing worse on your studies. Sleep is vital to a successful exam season. (Also a side note, coffee is not a replacement for sleep! Caffeine can make you jittery and cause anxiety if you drink too much.)

2. EatThis may seem like a no-brainer, but make sure you’re eating full and healthy meals. If you don’t have the time to sit down for a meal, then there are always express options. Sadly, nutella is not the equivalent of a meal.

3. Take breaksIf you need a break, take one! Working out is a great option. Exercising can be a great way to distract yourself from academic stresses, and you always feel better after a good workout! You don’t need to go to the gym to exercise – taking a walk outside or throwing around a frisbee can be great options.

4. Talk about itIf you’re feeling overwhelmed, talk it out—whether with friends, family, or whoever you’d like. A lot of your friends are probably feeling the same way, and having an honest conversation about how you’re feeling will help everyone decompress a little.

5. DANCE! When in doubt, turn on your favorite song and dance. Dance alone in your room, or with your friends, or on the quad, it doesn’t matter. Dancing has the potential to make you temporarily forget your stress and get you ready to attack the day, whatever it may bring.

I'm Ana Timoney-Gomez, Bowdoin Class of 2018. I'm originally from Morningside Heights, NY, but my family and I currently live in Westchester, NY. I run track and field for Bowdoin, and compete in the hurdles. I want to potentially major in History, but I have not declared, so it's open to change. When I'm not writing for Her Campus you can catch me in the Stacks doing homework, or watching Scandal in my common room, I'm still a season behind though.