This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Spring Rush is one of the biggest events at Bloomsburg during the spring semester. This is because freshman girls finally get the chance to join a sorority! As a former Rush Chair for Phi Iota Chi (Pixies), I can say that one of the most frequent questions I was asked was, “What should I wear!?” Although you may feel embarrassed not knowing what to expect during the rush season, the first piece of advice I want to give you is don’t be! Everyone is in the exact same position as you. Even though every sorority appears confident and poised during rush, they’re actually just as nervous as you are! Rush is an overwhelming experience for everyone. So, to alleviate some of the stress, I have come up with some wardrobe tips that will leave you feeling confident about the way you look this rush season!

First of all, you will be invited to sorority houses before Rush even begins for parties and get-togethers. You will want to look your best but I would also advise that you be yourself. Trying too hard is a no-go. In the end, the sorority is going to love you for you. However, there is nothing wrong with wanting to wear something you think is perfect. For your first party, wear your favorite going-out outfit. Right now skater skirts, high-waisted pants and cropped tops are popular. Heels and boots are fine, whichever you prefer! I have always found that accessories make any outfit look fabulous. Here are some examples: 

Sweeten Ups
Sweeten Ups is the first Rush event. This is where each sorority has a table and you spend around 5-7 minutes at each table learning about the organization. This is a casual-dress event. Due to the fact that each rushie (you) is at a table for only a short amount of time, I would not obsess about what to wear. Just be yourself and dress casual and comfortable. A sweater with leggings and Uggs would be perfect! Or a plain top with a jean jacket and a scarf works too. Here are examples of appropriate outfits for Sweeten Ups:

Opens and Informals
Both of these events call for similar outfits. They are not as casual as Sweeten Ups but not overly dressy either so no heels needed! Opens is a longer event, you will be spending 20 minutes with each sorority. That being said, dress cute, comfortable and in something that is true to your style. You will be having more one on one time with each sorority and this is where they really get to know you so dress in something that reflects who you are. Informals is a very long day. I suggest wearing comfortable shoes and to bring a coat because you will be cold walking from house to house! You do not need a purse for any of these events but feel to wear one to carry your phone, etc. Also, if you are attending a COB night, this type of dress is perfect! If you need an example of something you may want to wear to each of these events, here are a few:

Formals
Now it’s time to be dressy! Wear a dress, skirt or pants with a dressy top and don’t forget to accessorize!  Wear heels or cute flats, whichever you prefer.

Bids Night!
You’re about to have the best night of your life so dress to impress. By now, you have received your bid and chosen your sorority so you should be excited! Dress formally and heels are a must! Have fun with it and be ready to party the night away!

I hope this clears up any confusion you might have about dressing for rush! Good luck and see you in the ballroom