What to Buy Your Boyfriend’s Parents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Whether it’s your first holiday together or your tenth holiday together, your boyfriend’s parents are still expecting a thoughtful gift. The best way to conquer gift ideas is to think personalized. This means monograms all the way! Now, I know what you’re thinking, “I’m a broke college student.” Well, luckily, personalized don’t have to cost a lot to look expensive and seem thoughtful! Three great options are Etsy, Things Remembered, and Pottery Barn.

Etsy is a website that allows people to have their own online store. Most of the items featured are handmade and allow the storeowners to get their creative juices flowing. My favorite items here are both the personalized drink coasters ($10 for 4) and ornaments ($10.50).

Things Remembered is a store that is found in many malls, and if there’s not one close enough to you, you can even order online! Two of my favorite items by Things Remembered are personalized frames (starting at $14.99) and wine glasses (starting at $8).

Pottery Barn is known for its lush fabrics, rich colors, and product credibility.  I went with a plush throw blanket for my boyfriend’s parents last year and they absolutely loved it! Throws starting at $39 are perfect for a cold winter night by the fire. 

Happy gifting, collegiettes!