The Super Bowl in Bloomsburg, PA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

I was one of the few who did not tune in last night to watch the 52nd Super Bowl. I didn’t care who won, as long as it wasn’t the Eagles; but oops, that didn’t work. Instead, the Eagles won and the town of Bloomsburg went literally INSANE.

I live in an apartment complex, and the screams throughout the game and especially after, were so loud that it sounded like they were coming from my empty living room. The chant “E-A-G-L-E-S” and “Fly, Eagles, fly” have been burned into my mind. As I sit in class writing this, those chants are being replayed in my head, instead of my favorite song at the moment. It’s haunting.

People stormed the parking lots and streets screaming at the top of their lungs out of joy, not realizing their somewhat irrational behavior. I am all for supporting your team, and I know that if my team Green Bay, had made it to the Super Bowl, I would have thrown cheese everywhere and embraced my inner cheese head. Eagles’ fans have a different way of celebrating. A friend of mine started what turned into a massive fire pit of home goods with his living room couch, then someone threw in a TV, another couch, a table, and I’m sure there were a whole bunch of cups, cans, and other miscellaneous items thrown into the fire from bystanders. Snapchat spread the news of this fire rapidly, and before you knew it, the local back road was filled with hyped up college students. Hundreds of students documented the craziness and screamed out chants to show their support.

This madness continued on through the night.  At 2 AM I was woken up by either a supporter screaming out “Fly, Eagles, fly” or my mind taunting me in a nightmare where “Fly, Eagles, fly” was all that I could hear. Which one it was, I’ll never know.

At the end of the day, the Eagles played a great game and had a legendary season. Congratulations on your first ring. Your fans’ energy and commitment is actually concerning at times, but when it comes to football, there is no other way of celebrating!

As a senior, double majoring in Public Relations and Organizational Communications, Monica is eager to take on the roles of Campus Coordinator for Bloom U and Campus Trendsetter for HC. Whenever she isn't writing for HC, you can find her filming for the National Broadcast Society, volunteering for the Special Olympics Bocce Bash as Assistant Volunteer Coordinator, or supporting Pura Vida Bracelets as a Company Representative. Outside of her on-campus involvement, Monica enjoys photography, binge watching Netflix, eating Taco Bell, and making people laugh.