An Open Letter To My Best Friend Who Will Still be in School After I Leave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

I want to start off by saying thank you.  Thank you for making my college experience memorable.  You may not have been my best friend for all four years, but the impact you have made will last a lifetime.  I seriously can’t thank you enough for taking this journey through college by my side.  You have made me laugh when I wanted to cry and drink when I wanted to sleep.  You have motivated me to do my best in all my classes all while having the occasional “let’s skip class and get ice cream.”

With you, I’ve laughed harder, cried less, and drank a hell of a lot more.  Together we’ve made countless memories and I will never forget them or forget you.  If it wasn’t for you, I would probably never have left my room and wouldn’t have any one to gossip with.  I don’t want to imagine what college would have been like for me if it wasn’t for you.  You’re always the first person I go to when I have good news and bad.  You’ve never failed to give me tough love and open my eyes to reality.

I am also very proud of you.  I’ve been by your side through even the worst semesters and watched you get through them.  I vow to be there for you, even after I’m gone.  I want to wish you good luck in your future and I know you will do great every step of the way.  You have changed my life for the better and I know you will do the same for others.  My advice for you is to finish strong, senioritis is so real and it is horrible but take care of yourself and push through it.  I have nothing but faith in you.

Thank you again for all you’ve done for me and I hope I did the same for you.  I hope the distance doesn’t come between what took for long for us to build.  This isn’t a goodbye, it’s just a see you later. 

Hi! My name is Brennan Morell and I am a part of Bloomsburg Univerity's HerCampus team! When I am not writing for them you can find me cheering on the Huskies on the sideline or teaching dance at the Bloomsburg School of Dance in the mall!
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.