Kris Jenner: Business Genius

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

There’s no secret about who the Kardashians are and the fact that they are all over America.  Everyone knows something about the Kardashians, even if it’s just their name.  And as a business student, that’s something I fantasize about.  Of course, I don’t want all of America to know my name, but the name of my product or company would be amazing. 

Kris Jenner has exploited her kids, but at the end of the day, they seem pretty happy with it.  Sure, there are people who “hate” the Kardashians and their shows and businesses, but at the end of the day, even those haters are still talking about them.  That’s all Kris could hope for.  “Even bad press is still press.”  Everyone is talking about them; and no matter what anyone is saying, people are still saying something. 

Jenner had the world speculating and thinking and talking about her twenty-year-old daughter for months!  Throughout her pregnancy, Kylie had hardly been seen publicly.  One of the most public social media stars had suddenly gone ghost, for the most part only posting on the Instagram of her cosmetic line.  This girl was presumably just chilling in her house, hanging with her friends, and watching Netflix; AND YET PEOPLE WERE STILL TALKING ABOUT HER.  She was STILL on the covers of rag-mags, STILL making commissions, and STILL running her business.  THAT’S AMAZING. 

And then, on top of the months of speculation about her potential pregnancy, she officially announces it ON SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!  Another thing that enthralls almost the entire country, taken over by a KarJenner.  Consider me mind blown.  The devil works hard, but Kris Jenner truly works harder.

Her grind never stops, and she has made her family not only a household name, but a huge discussion topic across generations.  Her mind for marketing is actually incredibly inspiring.  So you can say what you want about the KarJenners, but you can’t deny that Kris Jenner has got to be doing something right in terms of entrepreneurship.  

A senior at Bloomsburg University and HC Campus Correspondent.  I can usually be found with a coffee in hand, either walking my dog or at the gym. Life motto: Nobody likes a shady beach.