Helpful Tips to Help You Pack for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Spring break is quickly approaching and the most stressful part is definitely figuring out what to pack and how to fit it all in the suitcase! Here are a few tips to help that will hopefully make the packing less stressful.

What to pack…If you’re lucky enough to be going somewhere tropical, here are some essentials for you to pack.

Mix and match bathing suits – bring two or three bathing suits that you can easily mix and match so you can spice up your bathing suits throughout the week.

Cover ups/ day wear – sundresses and fun, flirty tank tops are the perfect day wear. You want to be cute but casual and of course, comfortable. 

Going out clothes – jeans, dresses, and sexy tops are necessities for the perfect night life outfit! Pair a sexy top with some jeans or shorts and wedges and you’re ready to go.

Shoes – this is always the biggest problem for girls since every girl loves her shoes. Bring versatile shoes that can be paired with a bunch of different outfits. Bring two or three pairs of flip flops, wedges, sandals.

Accessories – a girl can’t forget the accessories! Bring sunglasses, straw hats, clutches, and jewelry to spice up your outfits.

Lastly, necessities – Of course you can’t forget PJ’s, a plain white t-shirt, simple tank tops/racer backs, a light sweatshirt, sports bras, underwear, sun block/tanning oil,  and of course shorts and a pair of jeans.

Now that you have all your outfits laid out and ready to be packed, you’re asking yourself, how am I supposed to fit all these clothes in such a small suitcase!? Here are some helpful tips that will let you pack your clothes.

How to pack…Firstly, roll all of your clothes instead of folding them. This gives more room for your other items. Place items such as jeans and shorts on the bottom, with the softer clothing such as t-shirts on top. As for the shoes, place them around the side or also on the bottom.  Once all this is packed you can place all your toiletries and accessories on top.

A couple more helpful tips for an easier time when packing is wear some items down, for example if you are bringing three pairs of shoes, wear one on the plane so there is more room in the suitcase. Also, make sure your airplane outfit is cute yet comfy at the same time!

Want to pack in style? Check out one of my personal favorites, Vera Bradley for cute and fashionable luggage options. Also check out other stores such as Target, Victoria Secret,  Kohls, Marshalls, and many more.