Get in Shape and Stay in Shape after the Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

It’s that time of the year where we can finally hang up those skimpy bathing suits and daisy duke shorts, and finally pull on those dreading winter coats and cover up all we’ve been showing for the past three summer months. The holiday season is quickly approaching and we can already imagine the sweet apple pie with that fluffy scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. So it’s safe to say our beach bodies were good while they lasted, and now we can pig out for the holiday season. 

Once the holiday season comes to a final halt after the new year, we all will be screaming the same thing.  “I’m getting fat.” and of course just as every year, the popular New Year resolution will be the same cliché line we’ve been saying for years now, “I’m going to lose weight.” But do we really stick to our guns and follow the strict diet plan posted on our refrigerators as reminders? Or instead try those p90x home intense workout regimes that scare us crazy to stray away from the gym and give up on any exercise plan period?

Well if you want to be fit after the holiday season, then you have to be ready to work out those thighs, legs, calf muscles, arm, and stomach by attending the Cardio Sculpt classes every Monday at 5:00 p.m. and Friday at 4:30 p.m. at the Recreation Center on lower campus. The instructor, Linda Krause, makes sure the music is pumping from the time you walk in until its time to cool down. These work outs consist of fast pace movements that will have your heart rate moving. Exercises involves jumping, stretching, lunging, planking, crunches, and much more. But this class is not just the average cardio of running on a treadmill or getting those legs tight on an elliptical. She will ensure that you work out those core body parts such as stomach, biceps, triceps, and glutes that will deem you swimsuit model of the year. 

Many of us as students sometimes find ourselves struggling with weight gain such as “freshman 15” or just may want to get in better shape after the holidays and may not be quite sure of how to get started on that New Year resolution or summer bod 17’, then you should try this fitness class! Bloomsburg also offers other fitness classes including Cardio Sculpt with its scheduled days and times are provided via Bloomsburg Recreation Center website. The classes consist of a variety of different types of exercises that may fit your routine. You just need to find what will benefit your ideal work out regime for the long run! 

Hello, my name is Naya DeVaughn I'm currently a senior at Bloomsburg University.Majoring in Mass Communications/ Telecommunications. My dream is to one day host a red carpet event for any award show but especially the Grammy's. I love to talk and meet new people, I also enjoy hanging with friends and shopping but what girl doesn't. If you ask anybody who knows me to explain Naya in at least two words I bet that would say silly and lovable lol.
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.