Drop That Freshman 15 Now!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

The freshman fifteen is no joke. But let’s be honest, getting acquainted to college life is difficult and trying to balance a healthy diet is an even bigger battle.  But I think I’ve finally got done a few healthy meals all the while remaining in the ‘broke college student’ budget.

1. GORMET GREEK

This little snack is good for breakfast or lunch and is surprisingly filling! If you’re not a greek yogurt fan this can also be made with plain yogurt. The plus side, this four-ingredient recipe is super cheap!

You’ll Need:

• Plain Greek Yogurt (I use Weis brand, surprising it’s my favorite and believe me, I’ve tried them all)
  • One banana (I suggest organic)
  • Honey
  • Cinnamon

2. STUFFED TOMATO

This mini meal is easy on the wallet and so yummy in the tummy! It can also double as lunch or dinner.

You’ll need:

• A tomato cut in half and hollowed out
  • Tuna, spiced to how you like
  • Topped with cheddar cheese
  • Cooked for 15 min. at 400 degrees

3.  SWEET POTATO PIZZA

This easy meal will suffice your pizza craving with much less calories! They’re versatile, so be creative with your toppings!

You’ll need:

• Slice a sweet potato length ways into thing pieces
  • Lay on a greased baking sheet and top with yourfavorites
  • Bake on 375 for 20-30 min or until soft
    • Hummus and chicken
    • Avocado, tomato, and balsamic
    • Mozzarella and tomato

I hope you try these yummy meals and enjoy them!!

My name is Blaire Barnhart and I am a Speech Pathology and Audiology student at Bloomsburg University. However, I've always had a passion for all things fashion and writing, of course! As I make my mark at Bloomsburg I hope to inspire others through my posts.
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.