Campus Profile: Breyon Young

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Name: Breyon Young

Age: 23

Hometown: Newtown, PA

Year: 5th Year Senior

Major: Psychology and Mass Communications on the Telecommunications Track

Activities: Kappa Sigma, National Broadcasting Society, and Intramural Softball and Basketball

Question Time!!

What made you chose Bloomsburg University?

I was attending a community college near home when my friend talked me into visiting for Block Party and I was sold.

What is your favorite thing about Bloomsburg?

The people are amazing and extremely unique. There is a lot of diversity here as well, the community is always changing whether it is the culture or the people.

What is your favorite pastime?

I mean like most college students, I like drinking but I also love roller skating and bowling.

What is your favorite place in Bloomsburg?

I feel like McCormick is definitely one of my favorite places because I am always there. However, I also like the fourth floor of Sutliff, it has a great view of the quad and probably the best bathroom on campus.

What is the best part of being in Kappa Sigma?

Honestly, the community service hours. We spend a lot of time helping others and giving back which is great to me.

Quick Qs!!

Favorite Food? Pizza. Chicken and broccoli white pizza with hot sauce if you really wanna know.

Pet Peeve? When people don’t listen to me, it’s so annoying!!!

Favorite Movie? I love the whole Star Wars series, but the third one, Revenge of the Sith is my favorite!

Celebrity Crush? Rita Ora, she’s a babe!

Favorite Animal? Dolphin!! They are so smart!

This or That?

Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? Dunkin, it’s cheaper and better!

Hot or Cold? I feel like it depends on the situation, but cold.

Going out or Staying in? Come on, obviously going out!!

Cats or Dogs? Doggos!

Beach or Mountains? Mountains.

Coke or Pepsi? I don’t really see a difference but Coke.

Instagram or Twitter? Can I say Snapchat??? Because I love Snapchat!

Mornings or Nights? Nights, no doubt!!

Book or Movie? Movie, I can’t read… Wait, I can read, but I don’t.

Pancakes or Waffles? Chocolate chip pancakes!! 

As a senior, double majoring in Public Relations and Organizational Communications, Monica is eager to take on the roles of Campus Coordinator for Bloom U and Campus Trendsetter for HC. Whenever she isn't writing for HC, you can find her filming for the National Broadcast Society, volunteering for the Special Olympics Bocce Bash as Assistant Volunteer Coordinator, or supporting Pura Vida Bracelets as a Company Representative. Outside of her on-campus involvement, Monica enjoys photography, binge watching Netflix, eating Taco Bell, and making people laugh.