7 Motivating Quotes to Help Get You Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

We have made it to that dreaded, breakdown-inducing time of the semester again. Finals week. Most of us may experience (I know I do) a lack of motivation to keep studying or to stay on track with all the assignments and due dates. If you’re like me and have trouble finding your motivation when you’re so close to summer, read these quotes and maybe they’ll help inspire you to keep studying.

• “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” –Theodore Roosevelt

Believing you can do something is one of the most important things you can do. If you don’t believe you can achieve something, then you probably never will.

• “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” –Thomas Edison

Even if you think you’ve done enough, say when writing a paper, it’s always a good idea to keep going whether it means rereading one more time even if you may have read it countless times. Just that one extra time might make a huge difference.

• “It’s not about how bad you want it…It’s about how hard you’re willing to work for it.” –Anonymous

You may have so many dreams and goals that you want to accomplish, but just having aspirations doesn’t mean they’re going to happen unless you work for them.

• “You are capable of more than you know.” –E. O. Wilson

You may feel that you don’t have the ability to accomplish something, such as getting an A on your final, but you may surprise yourself if you put in the time and effort.

• “It always seems impossible until it is done.” –Nelson Mandela

It may seem like the assignments and studying never end but once you complete them you realize that they weren’t that impossible to finish after all.

• “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.”-Fred DeVito

It’s important to keep in mind that everything you go through serves a purpose, even if it may not seem that way at first.

• “It won’t be easy, but it’ll be worth it.” –Anonymous

After finals are over, you may not even remember some of the information you studied for countless hours, but what you will remember is all the effort you put in to get that much closer to achieving your goals.

I'm a senior psych major at Bloomsburg University
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.