This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Sorry I couldn’t help myself! Doesn’t Belle just look so warm? Anyways, now that Bing has officially had its first snowfall of the year (yay!) it is time to be honest with yourself, your north face just isn’t doing it for you anymore. The freezing wind on the way to your 8:30 goes through that thing faster than you have to sprint to class because you decided to wake up at 8:25. It is officially time to pull your winter jacket out of the closet and dust it off. I know it’s so puffy and you thought you could make it to thanksgiving break with only your North Face to keep you warm, but you have to admit it, you’re freezing your ass off. So pull out that winter coat or if you decide you need a new one then you can take a hint from these three girls who are doing winter wear right. Embrace your inner cold weather loving-ness and get excited for winter and especially for Thanksgivukkah, but remember to leave your north faces at home (it might not even fit after all the pecan pie ruggelach you are going to eat) and be thankful that your winter coat’s extra padding will hide those few extra pounds!

Jessica Nudell ‘15

Betsey Johnson

Both Betsey and Jess are killing it with this coat. Betsey is my absolute favorite. She can take anything that might be boring like a warm winter coat and make it absolutely adorable. It is the perfect length so there’s no need to worry about being cold in leggings. She’s got it covered, (literally), without it being one of those coats that looks like something an Eskimo would wear. The fur trim is so cute and adds such a nice touch, bonus-it’s also really fun to pet.

Samantha Fradkin ‘16

North Face

Sam’s coat is perfect, it goes with anything! It looks great with her maroon scarf and would look great with really any accessories. That’s why I heart it! Sometimes its easy to get carried away and get that winter coat in that really pretty shade of blue only to be disappointed that it doesn’t go with your favorite gloves and hat (*aka my situation). Sam is even sporting my personal fav winter accessory, a nice hot cup of coffee! Who needs a coat when you have a gingerbread latte to keep you warm during the holidays?

Michelle Longas ‘16

U.S. Polo Assn.

Michelle’s coat is super cute. It is great because it’s so versatile just like Sam’s coat but the polo logo adds some more interest and makes it adorable and just a little bit preppy. Most winter coats don’t have any sort of design so it’s really nice that the logo sets it apart and gives it some character. I love the way she styled it with a scarf tucked in and skinny jeans and moccasins to top it off. It’s important to balance out a winter coat which tends to be bulky with something more form fitting on the bottom and Michelle does this perfectly.

She was the Binghamton University Campus Correspondent Spring 2015-Spring 2016. She started writing for Her Campus second semester Freshman year and has loved it ever since! She is now a Binghamton University graduate with a degree in English and minor in History. She is an enthusiastic writer and reader, obsessed with social media, traveling, and ending misogyny. Her two great loves are Harry Potter marathons and sampling cheese. She is excited by the prospect of new challenges and can't wait to dive in and get her hands dirty.
Binghamton Contributor