What’s Next For Binghamton’s Best: Ali Greenberg ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

With graduation less than 100 days away, some of us may be wondering what’s next for Binghamton’s “It girls.”

Ali Greenberg, 21, a senior pre-dental and economics major, has a lot to look forward to after leaving Binghamton’s campus. After being accepted to an array of  dental schools including Columbia, UPenn, Buffalo, Maryland, Ohio State and Pittsburgh, Greenberg recently  confirmed her acceptance to Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine. She is ecstatic to spend the next four years studying dentistry on Long Island with the hope of one day becoming an orthodontist.

Greenberg has also spent time giving back to the community. For the past three years, she has volunteered for The Ronald McDonald House charities and last summer she participated in a humanitarian trip to Tena, Ecuador with MEDLIFE. During her time in Ecuador, she volunteered in a mobile dental and medical clinic that brought free health care to locals who otherwise would not have any.

“It was an unforgettable experience,” Greenberg said, “I really enjoyed befriending the families in Ecuador and teaching the children how to brush their teeth. Even the little things can make a huge difference.”

An avid tennis player and member of the Sigma Delta Tau sorority, Greenberg says that the friendships she has forged at Binghamton University are what she will treasure most about her college experience.

“I will look back on my great memories from Binghamton for the rest of my life and I feel that my experience at Binghamton has prepared me for a successful future.”

Lauren Howley is a junior at Binghamton University pursuing a double degreen in English/rhetoric and Marketing. Originally from Staten Island, New York, Lauren thinks that New York City is the most beautiful place in the world and hopes to one day live and work there. She was a staff writer for the Arts and Lifestyle section of the Binghamton PipeDream, where she spent her time writing about fashion and college life. Last summer, she spent her time researching honeymoon destinations and blogging about bridal trends as an intern for The Knot Weddings Magazine in New York City. In her spare time, Lauren enjoys laughing, hanging out with her friends, blasting music while she drives, applying movie quotes every situation possible, and drinking coffee like its her job. In the future, she hopes to pursue a career in lifestyle journalism or entrepreneurship.