Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

What You Should Be Watching This Fall

On a cold night here in Binghamton, it would be super convienent to turn on your TV and get into a really great show. But, what if you have no idea what shows are worth watching? We’ve got you covered!

Nashville

Even if you are not a country fan, this show is dramatic and enticing. Watch as country veteran Rayna James takes on newcomer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere). Rayna is looking at the end of her career until her record company suggests canceling her own tour in order to go on tour as Juilette’s new opening act. As you can imagine, that does not go over well. With a new twist every week, this show needs to be on your must watch list! Watch on Wednesdays at 10 on ABC. Channel 7 or in HD channel 34-1.

Guys With Kids

Want something to watch that is funny and light for those nights where a heavy drama just will not suffice after a long day of classes and studying? This is a perfect match! With its youthful and great looking cast, the show follows three guys all living in the same apartment building in different stages of parenthood. It takes on a new twist of typical shows about men and does it in a witty fashion. Watch it Wednesdays at 8:30 on NBC. Channel 5 or in HD on channel 34-2.

Guys With Kids

666 Park Avenue

Another popular book series hits the screen with a new series that combines the ermines of a mystery show and the ruthlessness of the fan favorite Desperate Housewives.  It is about a Midwestern couple who get hired as resident managers of an Upper East Side apartment building, The Drake. The catch is that each resident has made deals with The Devil in order to have their deepest darkest desires fulfilled. Watch it Sundays at 10 on ABC. Channel 7 or in HD on channel 34-1.

Animal Practice

Love House?  Then try Animal Practice : This show takes on a different approach to the medical world by featuring a veterinarian who would much prefer the company of animals than their owners. But who is the real star of the show? Justin Kirk’s costar Crystal the Monkey is sure to entertain. Watch it Wednesdays at 8 on NBC. Channel 5 or in HD on channel 34-2.

Last Resort

Love Lost? Then try Last Resort : A new thriller starring Andre Braugher who is the leader of a submarine crew that is forced to go on the run after they defy an order to fire nuclear missiles. The crew finds sanctuary at a NATO base, where they then declare themselves as the world’s smallest nuclear nation. Watch it Thursdays on ABC. Channel 7 or in HD channel 34-1.

Glee

I know we are in college and do not want to watch a show about a bunch of high school rejects singing and dancing, but this season Glee is kicked up a notch. Rachel and Kurt are in NYC stirring things up, and the creators have added a number of new characters to the mix including Rachel’s teacher Kate Hudson, and Kurt’s new boss at Vogue, Sarah Jessica Parker. Glee, like it’s leading star Rachel Berry, has gotten a makeover that is sure not to disappoint. So whether you are an old fan or just curious, check the new season to see what else is in store.  Watch it Thursdays at 9 on Fox. Channel 3 or in HD on channel 40-1

Gossip Girl

With only a handful of shows left in the series, all Gossip Girl fans are excited to see what creators have dug up to end this drama filled show.  We all loved this show in the beginning, but as seasons went on it became dull and a little too unbelievable. Now, we’re left wondering so many things, such as: will Blair and Chuck end up together? What will become of Serena Van Der Woodsen? Watch the final episodes to find out. Mondays at 8 on the CW. Channel 28 or in HD on channel 12-2.

How I Met Your Mother

I know what you are all thinking; this show has become repetitive and dull. Well this season is kicked up a notch with Barney breaking things off with his stripper fiancé Quinn, maybe finally marrying Robin, and Lilly and Marshall taking on parenthood. But is this the end? It is still up in the air on whether How I Met Your Mother will continue on to a ninth season, but creators did release that Season 8 is written as if it is the end. So the big question on everyone’s mind is: will we ever find out who Ted marries? Fans will have to watch to find out.  Watch Mondays at 8 on CBS. Channel 2 or in HD on channel 12-1.

Revenge

Emily Thorne is the essence of female power. She uses her mind, strength, and acting abilities to make her enemies believe she can be trusted before she takes them down without a trace. She wants revenge on the people that inhabit the wealthy world of the Hamptons for destroying her family, by letting her father take the fall for an entire company. In its second season, Revenge is never boring and keeps its fans on the edge of their seats throughout every episode.  This is an absolute must see! Watch it Sundays at 10 on ABC. Channel 7 or in HD on channel 34-1.

The Middle

Never heard of it? Well this show has been around for a few years, but is still a favorite. It follows the lives of a very typical low middle class family throughout life’s challenges. It is funny and ironic, and can be very relatable. Watch it Wednesdays at 8 on ABC. Channel 7 or in HD on channel 34-1.

Parenthood

Another show that has been around for little while, but doesn’t get much attention. This comedy/drama follows the lives of a husband and wife who have 4 kids all grown and experiencing their own version of parenthood. With a divorcee, a family man, a reformed bachelor, and a powerful lawyer married to a stay at home dad. It goes through the typical trials and tribulations that every parent and family experiences. There is a character that everyone can relate too. Watch it on Tuesdays at 10 on ABC. Channel 7 or in HD on channel 34-1.

What You Should Be Watching This Fall