Teen Wolf at NYCC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

On October 12th, I had the opportunity to go to New York Comic Con and work with MTV to engage fans in some “Teen Wolf” fun. My history with “Teen Wolf” and MTV can keep me talking for hours, but I’ll sum it up quickly for you:

When the show premiered in 2011, my best friend and I made a video about how much we love the show and the actors. MTV saw it. The cast saw it. Everyone loved it, so we thought we should make more. We decided to make a rap about the show, and that was the start of it all. We were flown to the set of the show to make a rap with the cast, and we’ve been invited to other events in New York that the cast attended. Last year, we interviwed fans at New York Comic Con when Tyler Posey, the star of the show, and Jeff Davis, the show’s showrunner, were there.

This year, stars Dylan O’Brien and Linden Ashby joined Jeff Davis for the panel. They discussed the upcoming season (premiering January 6th), and fans were able to ask questions about everything they’ve ever wanted to know. Dylan, Linden, and Jeff were all so lively and wonderful during the panel, and I was so proud to see the mainstage room full of enthusiastic “Teen Wolf” fans.

Later on in the day, I went to their autograph signing and had more one-on-one time with everyone. It was such an amazing feeling being in that room with three people that I adore. They all know me by name and were all so excited that I was there! Liden even suggested that we take a picture of him and Dylan kissing me on the cheek. Crazy, right?

The day was truly spectacular, and I was surrounded by people who really do mean so much to me. “Teen Wolf” changed my life in so many ways, and I am forever grateful to MTV for being so wonderful.

If you don’t already watch “Teen Wolf,” what are you waiting for? Season 3B starts on January 6th @ 10PM on MTV.