This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

It’s a whole new semester here in Binghamton; this mean new classes, new clubs, and new nights to go downtown! Many girls look forward to the weekend when they can put on their cutest outfits and head down to State Street. However there is one problem; the freezing weather. Girls want to look their best, but it’s hard when they also have to dress weather appropriate. They want to wear heels, but are afraid of wearing them with the ice and snow on the ground. Here are some good boot options to wear downtown for when you want to look hot, and still battle the cold!

High Heeled Boots: This boot is a little more mature, but is favored among many girls. This boot serves two different functions. The heel on the boot dresses up the shoe and gives girls the height they want. The boot part is what will keep girls warm in this below freezing weather! Girls who choose to wear this type of boot please be cautious of the ice.

Wedged Booties: This kind of boot/wedge is the ultimate shoe to wear downtown! They are perfect because you can still get that heel from the wedge, but your feet are covered from the bootie part. I highly recommend that every girl go out and buy a pair because they are so appropriate for the winter. They are not too fancy, but not too casual either. They are the perfect fit for your going out wardrobe!

Tall Black Boots: Although this is a classic for many Binghamton girls, it’s very reliable. Black boots will match with any outfit you wear; whether it’s with jeans or a skirt, they are versatile. These boots are also the safest and warmest of the three options. Many girls choose this boot if they value comfort over fashion. However, you really can’t go wrong with wearing black boots downtown. 

Whether you choose warmth and comfort over height and trends, there is a boot for you. Don’t let the low temperatures keep you in on a Saturday night if you want to go out. Wear one of these boot options and I can assure you, your night on the town will be well worth it!

Melissa is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Scarsdale, NY. She getting a dual degree in English Rhetoric and Human Development. She loves fashion, writing, and social media. Since joining the Her Campus she has interned at two magazines, CollegeFashionista.com and Paper Magazine in NYC. She currently is the Vice President of the sorority Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. She is looking forward to making the next step in her HC journey from Staff Writer to Campus Correspondent.
Binghamton Contributor