This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Yes, I know Binghamton’s Spring Break is ridiculously late. Some of our friends at other schools are just starting to study for finals when we get out, but there are some big pros to having our spring break mid April. The biggest one is that if you can’t get away to somewhere warm, it will be at least reasonably temperate at home! And this means that whether you are going to the islands with your besties or if your just hanging out at home, you finally get to break out that maxi dress you’ve been dying to wear. Here are the hottest spring break outfit essentials to keep you looking cool all break long.

Chambray Shirt:

Forever 21 ($30)

When the weather starts to change my first go to is a chambray shirt. They are so comftorable and make almost any outfit easily convertable from a summer outfit to something just a little bit warmer for those chilly spring nights. A chambray shirt goes with almost anything. It looks adorable over a maxi dress or can be used as a cover up over a bikini or paired perfectly with shorts and a flowy top. Either way, it is the perfect lightweight accessory to keep your warm and stylish.

Maxi Dress:

C&C California ($98)

I am obsessed with maxi dresses. They are generally extremely flattering and work perfectly as a spring break transition into warmer weather. Try one in a bright color like colbalt blue and pair it with some sandals and a chambray shirt or a sheer button down and you’ve got yourself the perfect spring break outfit. C&C California, one of my favorite warm weather clothing brands, makes the cutest maxis. Just add an iced coffee and relish in the fact that you no longer need to wear gloves every time you order your coffee iced, and you’ve got the perfect spring break outfit and the best spring break vibe.

Sunglasses:

Free People ($18)

The sun is FINALLY out and shining. Make sure to emphasize that with an adorable pair of sunnies! Free People and Urban Outfitters have the cutest sunglasses at reasonable prices, buy a bunch and match them to your outfit every day as you soak in the rays, or you also can’t go wrong with making an investment in a classic pair of my personal favorite warm weather accessory, Raybans.

Sandals:

Sam Edelman ($100)

In my opinion sandles can make or break an oufit. Sandles are one of my favorite things about warm weather. You are going to need a cute (and may I stress comftorable) pair of sandles to get through spring break. Sam Edelman makes my faves. They are just so cute and most of them go with anything and everythig from shorts and a T-shirt to a dress and sweater. A nice pair of sandles take you far and a pair of comftorable sandles to take you there are well worth the investment and save you the blisters.

Hair Ties:

Urban Outfitters ($8)

Never underestimate the importance of a a cute hair tie. I just love the fact that they can now become part of your outfit rather than take away from it. If you’re like me and feel weird when you don’t have a hair tie on your wrist then you know how much better it is to have a cute tie-dye one than an ugly fraying black band. Urban outfitters has the perfect hair ties in packs of 6. These ones are adorably pastel, they scream spring and fun reasons to pull your hair back, like for a long walk on the beach or a swim in a pool.

She was the Binghamton University Campus Correspondent Spring 2015-Spring 2016. She started writing for Her Campus second semester Freshman year and has loved it ever since! She is now a Binghamton University graduate with a degree in English and minor in History. She is an enthusiastic writer and reader, obsessed with social media, traveling, and ending misogyny. Her two great loves are Harry Potter marathons and sampling cheese. She is excited by the prospect of new challenges and can't wait to dive in and get her hands dirty.
Binghamton Contributor