Spring Break- Getting in Shape!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

How to get in shape before spring break (and keep up the healthy changes afterwards!)

Recently, and proudly- I’ve only started getting into fitness and wellness. HOWEVER, all of this new knowledge of health has made me feel more energized, happy, and excited to just keep on journeying! Health should be something we all take up permanently, but not see it as a chore. Here’s how you can start for this spring break and keep it going!

1. Superfoods- I’ve constantly dreaded getting into a healthy lifestyle because it implied that I would have to give up my favorite, delicious, addicting foods. Now I know this isn’t necessarily true- swipe pasta for zucchini noodles, roast sweet potato slices instead of fried French fries, and eat fruit with yogurt instead of candy. It’s so easy to live long-term when you’re not giving up anything!
  2. LIFT, LIFT, LIFT! I always overestimated the benefit of straight-up cardio. Lifting is also pretty therapeutic- many girls express how relieved they feel after lifting, plus it boosts your metabolism!
  3. Walking- Everyone seems to overlook walking as a great form of exercise, but DON’T! It’s so easy to weave walking into your schedule (no matter how busy you are), and with the upcoming beautiful weather, you can definitely take a reason to go outside! Plus, walking gets your heart in shape to go running- which is arguably one of the best exercise methods around.

Good luck and lots of love <3

20-year-old pre law student, Drake obsessed, in a relationship with Chipotle guacamole, sincere yet sassy feminist.
Binghamton Contributor