Sharon Smilovich’s Dorm Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Junior Sharon Smilovich may be an RA, but she is definetely an RA with style. She took her giant room and made it something out of a PB Teen dream world. All it took was a couple of trips to Home Goods and some well placed rugs. Take a hint from Sharon and don’t be afraid to really go all out with your dorm/apartment decorations!

The Entrance Way:

Sharon made her little entrance way very homey with a small kichenette-like table and an adorable floral rug. She made sure not to leave the walls bare by putting up sheek wall decor.

The Bed:

Let’s be honest. When you have a normal sized dorm room the bed is essentially the focal point of your room. Sharon makes this area inviting by keeping it neat and of course having her favorite stuffed animal greeting you on the bed, doesn’t hurt the cute-ness factor!

The Sitting Area:

The sitting area is a great place to really go all out. Sharon personalizes it well with picture frames above the couch to bring back her favorite memories from her college career thus far. The fake flowers on the coffee table and adorable throw pillow really make this area inviting. She also adds a nice studious aura with the cutest globe in existentence on the side table. And the most adorable pink piggy bank on the table.

She was the Binghamton University Campus Correspondent Spring 2015-Spring 2016. She started writing for Her Campus second semester Freshman year and has loved it ever since! She is now a Binghamton University graduate with a degree in English and minor in History. She is an enthusiastic writer and reader, obsessed with social media, traveling, and ending misogyny. Her two great loves are Harry Potter marathons and sampling cheese. She is excited by the prospect of new challenges and can't wait to dive in and get her hands dirty.
Binghamton Contributor