Rachel Samuels and Jessica Schwartz, creators of the Epsilon Delta sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Samuels, a junior majoring in human development, and Schwartz, an undeclared sophomore, have taken Binghamton by storm with their new fake sorority Epsilon Delta.

1) What is Epsilon Delta?

Epsilon Delta is a fake sorority and an Ellen Degeneres fan club. It is our way of trying to get on Ellen. We want to meet her so badly, and instead of getting tickets we decided to try and actually get on her show. We are her biggest fans (but actually).

2) How did you and Jess Schwartz start it?

We started it at the end of last spring, but we couldn’t make a video because it was finals week. So we just made her a paddle and decided to launch it in the Fall.

3) Why did you start Epsilon Delta?

Jess and I found out we had a mutual love for Ellen at the beginning of last spring. Because we are both familiar with Greek life, we decided to name it Epsilon Delta. It was one of the crazy ideas we came up with- but we actually went through with it. We really want to meet Ellen!

4) What is your favorite thing about Ellen DeGeneres?

Ellen’s values are positivity, kindness and fun. I believe that these three words are something everyone should live by. She is hysterical and accepting to all, and is able to put positive spins on almost anything. I also love that she loves to dance because I LOVE dancing!!

5) What is your favorite segment on the Ellen show?

I love when she plays games with her guests- its hysterical. Jess and I are hoping she plays a game with us when we are on her show, as long as it does not induce any asthma attacks.

So make sure to watch the Epsilon Delta rush video so you can help Rachel and Jess get on the Ellen show!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…

Sharon Smilovich is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Great Neck, NY. She is very excited to join the Her Campus team, as this is her first opportunity to express herself through writing.
Binghamton Contributor