Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton News

Fun Family Activities to do Over Break!

By Samantha Wieder
April 10, 2014 - 1:58pm

It's (FINALLY) that time of the year again: spring break! While I'm very excited to be free of school for a week, spend some much needed time at home, and eat a lot of matzah (okay, not so excited about that one), the downside to our spring break being so late in the semester is that all of my other friends had their spring break already. I know other people are in this same situation, but don't fret! Here are things to have fun and keep busy with and do with your family. After all, your family misses you and it's important to spend quality time with them! READ MORE

TV Shows and Movies to Binge Watch Over Spring Break

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
April 9, 2014 - 8:37pm

Whether you’re traveling home or traveling to some exotic locale, it’s undeniable that the upcoming Spring Break has been long overdue. But regardless of where you choose to spend your upcoming week of relaxation and peace, make sure you set aside time to catch up on your favorite shows. Drop those textbooks and pick up that remote! Here are a few TV shows and documentaries I recommend checking out while you’re cozied up in bed or sprawled out on the beach. Bates Motel READ MORE

The Official Ranking of the Marketplace

By Melissa Chalson
April 5, 2014 - 4:39pm

Since it’s grand opening in the beginning of the spring semester, the Marketplace has been the hot spot on campus! This place offers a variety of dining options as well as areas to do work and hang with friends. You can see students constantly going in and out of the MP all day long; it’s truly the hub of campus. Here is the official ranking of the food stations at the MP. READ MORE

Why We Love Dylan O'Brien

By Amanda Gurock
April 4, 2014 - 3:06pm

If you haven't heard of Dylan O'Brien yet, don't worry. You're going to be seeing him everywhere in the upcoming months. The 22-year-old actor stars as Stiles Stilinski on MTV's Teen Wolf, and he has made a name for himself on the big screen in popular movies such as The Internship. In September, he will star as Thomas in the film adaptation of the book The Maze Runner, and I think this role is going to take him from small-screen cutie to big-time movie star. So, here are some of the reasons why we absolutely cannot get enough of Dylan O'Brien: READ MORE

The Coolest Places To Intern this Summer

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
April 3, 2014 - 3:48pm

READ MORE

Fall 2014 Class Recommendations

By Maura Lewis
March 25, 2014 - 11:03am

Well, it's that time of the semester again. You either love it or hate it (...maybe both). Picking classes can be tricky, but here are a few that if you have the room are a must-take! READ MORE

Things To Do Outside on Campus When it's Warm

By Melissa Chalson
March 21, 2014 - 6:53pm

Happy Spring everyone! The changing season brings out a new, refreshed attitude among the students here in Binghamton. Say goodbye to dull gray skies and say hello to sunshine everywhere. With the new weather, more students would prefer to spend time outside rather than stay inside. Here are some options for student’s to do outside on the days that the weather is actually nice! READ MORE

Why We Love: Benedict Cumberbatch

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
March 19, 2014 - 4:45pm

Ok so if you haven't heard of Benedict Cumberbatch I need you to stop whatever you are doing (yes including reading this article because this is wayyy more important) and go watch the BBC show Sherlock and then come back and read the rest of this. Ok are you done? Good. Now you understand. By the end of the first episode you will be completely hooked. And you might be thinking that it's just the character of Sherlock that you are attracted to. But you are wrong. Benedict Cumberbatch basically IS Sherlock, but he is even better because unlike Sherlock he is REAL. And he is REALLY sexy. And adorable. And has the best sense of humor in the world. Here are the top 5 reasons that we just can't get enough of him and oh yeah those blue-ish, green-ish, gold-ish,...

Top 5 Drugstore Makeup Products

By Caitlin Sortino
March 15, 2014 - 9:26pm

READ MORE

Tips for Scoring Your Dream Internship

By Amanda Gurock
March 14, 2014 - 2:44pm

It's about that time in the semester when everyone starts freaking out about their summer plans. Your friend in SOM is working for a huge accounting firm, and your other friends have interviews scheduled for the next two weeks. What about you? What are you going to do? Here are a few tips on how to score your dream internship: 1. Do your research. There's nothing worse than when you sign up for something without actually knowing the job requirements. Take the time to read job descriptions and reqiurements before you apply. When you read something that looks like it was made for you, click that apply button. READ MORE