Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Features

Best Halloween TV Specials

By Melissa Chalson
October 25, 2014 - 1:03am

There are so many reasons to look forward to October 31st aka Halloween; the candy, the costumes, and the partying are definitely on the top of the list. However, something that is so underratedly exciting when Halloween comes around is the TV specials! Of course everyone has their classic fave Halloween movies, but it’s a nice change of pace when everyone’s favorite shows spice up their storylines with a spooky one! Here are some of my favorite Halloween episodes! (Please note that this is my personal opinion based on the TV I watch. As well, no one was harmed in the making of this list.) Happy almost Halloween!!!      How I Met Your Mother: “The Slutty Pumpkin” READ MORE

Halloween Dessert Recipe Ideas

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 23, 2014 - 12:33pm

Okay readers, this will officially be my last Halloween-related article since the spooky holiday is creeping up next weekend, just around the corner! My favorite part about Halloween besides the creative costumes is the yummy candy and snacks. Here are some easy, cute and great dessert recipe ideas from Pinterest for a Halloween party, for hanging out with friends, or just to indulge in by yourself: 1. Playful Pumpkin Cookies http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/playful-pumpkin-sandwich-cookies/65d0cd......

5 Super Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

By Danjeh Haeri
October 21, 2014 - 2:28pm

With just a little over a week to Halloweekend, it's about that time where we start freaking out over our costumes! No matter what year you are at Binghamton, it's obvious that Halloween is a big deal and everyone goes all out to dress up in the most extravagant costumes. No worries though, because we have a bunch of costumes that you could put together the night before and not have to spend a dollar!   1. Emojis   Just grab your best friend and pair leotards with a black bow or cat ears!   2. Vampire READ MORE

Best YouTube Beauty Gurus To Watch

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
October 18, 2014 - 4:55pm

We all love staying on top of the coolest and cutest makeup trends but sometimes we get stuck in a rut and and end up doing the same smokey eye every time we go out. If your going to get a new top for everytime you go out why not try out a new eyeshadow too! If your looking for a new way to dress up your makeup game then look no further than these 3 fabulous makeup gurus who offer fun and easy to follow makeup tutorial videos on YouTube.   Cassandra Bankson, DiamondsAndHeels14: READ MORE

How To: Look Cute and Stay Warm Downtown

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 18, 2014 - 2:51pm

With the weather starting to inevitably turn chillier, our desire and hype to go out downtown are thus dwindling. However, on the occasion that we are up for a fun and memorable night out, we are likely going to have trouble deciding what to wear. Have no fear-here are some ways you can be comfortable and not freezing and still look super cute!: 1. Dress in layers READ MORE

Dynamic Duo Costumes

By Melissa Chalson
October 15, 2014 - 5:41pm

Trick or Treat! It’s hard to believe, but in two short weeks Halloween will be here. As I get older, I feel that every year it creeps up on me without warning. I always find myself struggling to find a costume last minute. Halloween serves many purposes; free candy, partying it up with all your friends, and most importantly the freedom to be anything you want! The possible costume choices are endless and the one’s that are the most memorable are the creative ones that make a statement. Here are some creative costume ideas you and a partner can be for Halloween! The “Rival” Couple Costumes READ MORE

Pumpkin Pretty: Best Orange Makeup Products

By Amanda Gurock
October 9, 2014 - 1:00pm

I know it sounds strange, but orange is one of the prettiest colors to wear on your face. Orange can bring out blue eyes like no other color can, and it can brighten and warm up your complexion with just the stroke of a brush. Because it's pumpkin week here on HC Binghamton, I wanted to give you some of the best orange makeup products to try out this fall season: 1. Eyeshadow READ MORE

Orange is the New Black - Bringing Orange Into Your Wardrobe!

By Maura Lewis
October 9, 2014 - 12:04am

It's getting close to Halloween and nothing says festive like orange. We know it's not everybody's color, but here are some subtle, spirited ways to add orange into your look: 1. Scarf Nothing says fall like a good scarf. Scarves are great for those crisp days and even
into the colder weather. They look especially good against a black or white shirt! Aeropostale   2. Nail Polish READ MORE

Not Just Your Basic Pumpkin Spice Latte

By Deena Abramson
October 8, 2014 - 9:13pm

October starts Pumpkin Spice Latte season!  Before you run out to your local Starbucks and spend all your precious wine and online shopping money, try this homemade, easy, healthier version of the fall classic! I used this recipe from popsugar.com to make a DIY PSL!
Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ingredients READ MORE

Cute Pumpkin Carving Ideas

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 8, 2014 - 8:40pm

There is no more classic fall activity to exist than pumpkin carving. This Halloween tradition can be used in many different ways to bring fall cheer and spirit into your dorm room or apartment. Pinterest has a million different projects you can try. Some of my favorites are:   1. The Glittering Pumpkin  http://projectnursery.com/2014/09/diy-glittering-pumpkins/# 2. Breast Cancer Awareness Pumpkins READ MORE