Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton News

Summer Activities For Meeting Up With College Friends

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
May 10, 2014 - 5:01pm

5 Things you can do when meeting up with College friends during the summer: 1) Meet up in the City: The city is the perfect place to meet up with a school friend from Bing. More often than not it is the perfect halfway point between you and your college bestie. Explore the city and find something cool to do. The city has endless possibilities. Try scoring same day tickets to a play or wandering around a part of the village you haven't been to. Central park is also so much fun over the summer. Grab your friend a picnic and a good book and you have awesome plans for the day! READ MORE

5 Ways You Know You Go to Binghamton

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
May 10, 2014 - 2:43pm

You know you go to Binghamton when... 1) The Weather is unpredictable... 2) You eat Cakes and Eggs for every. single. meal. 3) You have to figure out a new way to get to class every semester because there is ALWAYS construction: READ MORE

Best Study Snacks

By Sharon Smilovich
May 8, 2014 - 5:16pm

Finals week is an incredibly stressful time for all. It is hard to stay sane and healthy while trying to work hard for those tests and papers. It is very important to stay healthy and not forget to eat while studying! Staying healthy this way will help you do well on those exams! Here are some of the best study snacks! 1.) Fruits: Fruits provide you with both nutrients and that sugar fix that you need to stay sane and productive while studying for finals. Blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are easy and tasty snacks to take with you to the library every day of studying. READ MORE

Who Our Spring Fling Acts Really Are

By Rachel A. Kaplan
May 2, 2014 - 6:12pm

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the school year: SPRING FLING!!! It's always so great to end the school year with such a bang and to have some fun before finals start. This year, I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain and it sunny and in the 70s like Spring Fling should be...let's hope that actually comes true! As we all know (with the exception of freshmen), the day ends with out annual on-campus concert by the lecture hall. Here is the inside scoop on who's performing this year! OPENING ACTS: 1.  3LAU READ MORE

Spring Fling Makeup Ideas

By Sharon Smilovich
May 1, 2014 - 10:47am

Even though the weather forecast says that it will be rainy on spring fling, that doesn’t mean you can’t rock awesome makeup for the occasion! Here are some ideas to try out! 1.)  Colored eye shadow: Because it’s Spring, try wearing colors like light purple and light pink. Subtle colors will make your eyes pop and match with the spring weather. 2.)  Eyeliner: Eyeliner is my favorite type of makeup. It is the best touch to your makeup job. Try some sparkles for spring fling to make your eyes truly sparkle! READ MORE

Concerts to Check Out Over the Summer

By Samantha Wieder
April 29, 2014 - 12:27pm

Summer 2014 is right around the corner and students are scrambling to sign up for summer classes, find internships and jobs, and even start getting ready for the 2014-2015 school year. However, even when keeping busy in the summer, it’s important to enjoy your time off from school. One of my favorite summer activities include going to concerts and this upcoming summer is promising a ton of amazing shows to go to. Here are some of the concerts you definitely don’t want to miss this summer!   READ MORE

5 Things You Have To Do Before Spring Semester is Over

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
April 24, 2014 - 10:57pm

Believe it or not we only have a little over two weeks of classes left before finals! I know, it's crazy! It seems like Spring Break was just last week... oh wait... But before you go off and do whatever you are doing this summer you should make the most of the time we have left. Whether you are a freshman or a senior it's important to take some time away from worrying about finals or planning what you are going to pack for birthright. Because no matter what every year you have at bing is going to be very different. And who knows what you are going to be doing next semester. So Carpe Diem, Collegiettes! And try five fun things before the end of the year! 1) Visit the Nature Preserve: ...

Fun Outdoor Activities to Do on Campus

By Maura Lewis
April 24, 2014 - 3:51pm

As the weather starts warming up, we can finally come out of hiding and remember just how many people actually go to this school. Sometimes it's hard to remember just how beautiful our campus is. As the semester comes to a close, try getting some vitamin D and enjoy these nice outdoor excursions: READ MORE

Fun Family Activities to do Over Break!

By Samantha Wieder
April 10, 2014 - 1:58pm

It's (FINALLY) that time of the year again: spring break! While I'm very excited to be free of school for a week, spend some much needed time at home, and eat a lot of matzah (okay, not so excited about that one), the downside to our spring break being so late in the semester is that all of my other friends had their spring break already. I know other people are in this same situation, but don't fret! Here are things to have fun and keep busy with and do with your family. After all, your family misses you and it's important to spend quality time with them! READ MORE

TV Shows and Movies to Binge Watch Over Spring Break

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
April 9, 2014 - 8:37pm

Whether you’re traveling home or traveling to some exotic locale, it’s undeniable that the upcoming Spring Break has been long overdue. But regardless of where you choose to spend your upcoming week of relaxation and peace, make sure you set aside time to catch up on your favorite shows. Drop those textbooks and pick up that remote! Here are a few TV shows and documentaries I recommend checking out while you’re cozied up in bed or sprawled out on the beach. Bates Motel READ MORE