My Favorite Place On Campus: The Nature Preserve

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

At Binghamton University, we are lucky to be home to the beautiful nature preserve.  If you have not checked it out yet, or have not gone for a long time, the nature preserve is the best place for a weekend hike, run through the woods, or stargazing at night.  Fun Fact: in 1969, University students fought against turning the area into playing fields.  Instead they proposed that the land be used for both educational and recreational purposes.  So if you have gone to the nature preserve during a biology or environmental studies lab, thank your fellow Bearcats!

A view from the summit of the nature preserve, a 1-2 hour hike that is the perfect way to spend a weekend afternoon.

My friends and I enjoying a meteor shower on the wooden bridge in the nature preserve at 1 am in December!  This is a great place to go stargazing and make some new friends.  Dress warmly! 

A snapshot of a honeybee pollinating golden rod flowers.  There is an incredible amount of ecological diversity in the nature preserve. 

Deena Abramson is a Senior at Binghamton University studying Psychology and Health and Wellness Studies.  She is originally from Lexington, Massachusetts.  She is currently the President of her sorority, Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi, and is so grateful for her Sigma sisters, many of whom are also Her Campus writers!  Some of her hobbies include: running (she has run two half marathons this year!), hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, cooking healthy meals, playing word games, and of course writing for Her Campus!   She hopes that her articles both entertain and inspire her peers both at Binghamton and in the national Her Campus community.