How to Look Cute in This Freezing Binghamton Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Now that snow has fallen and temperatures are starting to drop in Binghamton, we can say that winter is finally here. With the weather only expected to get colder as the months wear on, the task of staying warm is at the top of most people’s to-do lists.

For the style-conscious college gal, it can be difficult to find warm weather clothing that does not make you look like an Eskimo. But don’t worry, just because the temperature is dropping does not mean your style has to as well. It is possible to look good and stay warm and dry at the same time.

Here are some tips for braving the cold while looking and feeling great.

Layer, layer, layer: Probably the most important tip for getting dressed in the winter, layering is a skill that everyone needs to learn and embrace. Every winter, we experience freezing temperatures outside, and boiling temperatures inside. The key to being prepared for both is by wearing multiple layers. Throw on a tee, add a sweater, and top it off with your winter coat and accessories and you’ll be ready to tackle anything.

Boots

A great pair of waterproof, insulated boots is what every Binghamton student needs to survive the snowy winters. Perfect for rain, snow, ice, and freezing temperatures, a quality pair of boots is something to consider investing in. The great thing is they can be worn with anything. Whether you style them with denim pants or a skirt and tights, you’ll look good and stay warm.

Winter accessories

Wearing a hat, scarf, and gloves in the winter is very important. Even if you’re wearing a comfy winter coat, you will most likely get cold if your head, neck and hands are not covered. If you walk into any clothing store, you will find a plethora of these items in any color, pattern, or fabric. Put together a matching set or pick each piece individually, these accessories are a cute and functional addition to any winter outfit.

It is definitely possible to look great and stay warm in the winter months, especially if you follow these tips. What are your must-have items for staying chic in the cold weather? We would love to hear from you.

Carmen Rey

Binghamton

Born in Cleveland, Ohio in 1991, Carmen Rey moved to Akron, Ohio as a kid and attended Our Lady of the Elms High School, a small all-girls high school in Akron. After graduating with a class of 28, Carmen attended Kent State University for a year before doing the National Student Exchange program to Binghamton University where she transferred the following year. While at Binghamton, she found a place at the Binghamton Her Campus Branch as a contributing writer. The following year she became Profiles Editor and spent a semester studying abroad in London through Binghamton University's Semester-in-London program. Now she's a senior and the Campus Correspondent of the Binghamton University Branch, majoring in English Literature and Rhetoric as well as blogging on BU's admissions blog.