How To: Get Back On Track After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Because Binghamton’s spring break was so late this year, a.k.a in the middle of April, students are feeling slightly teased. We’re so close to the end, but just not quite there yet. Hold on for a little bit longer collegiettes, because the end of this long semester will be here before we know it! Although we’re sad the year is ending and we don’t want to leave our friends, I know we all can’t wait to be done with classes. It’s important that we work hard for these last couple of weeks because it’s the final push! If you’re feeling a little sluggish and burnt out like I am, here are some tips to get back on track:

1. SET GOALS

Setting small, realistic goals for how much work to get done throughout a given day will make you will feel accomplished when you reach those goals. Devoting some time each day to each of your classes is very productive! This way, you won’t get too bored of one certain subject. When you reach your goals, reward yourself with small things, like an hour of online shopping or Netflix.

2. SEEK OUT HELP

It’s getting to finals time and we all know that there is pressure put on finals because they are our last chances to improve (or save) our grades. If you really want a good idea of what is going to be on a final, go to your professor’s office hours. If you can’t do that, seeking out tutoring from the UTS or asking TAs for help are good alternatives. Also, when it comes time to get down to studying, form study groups with your classmates. You’re not in this alone!

3. REMAIN POSITIVE

This means mentally and physically. Try to eat right and exercise as best you can; it will really help decrease stress levels. Also, a great way to stay positive is to think of all the things you have to look forward to over the summer! I have the countdown app on my phone that tells me how many days I have until my trip to Israel and my 11th summer at sleepaway camp. If I’m feeling down about schoolwork, I look at those and instantly cheer up because I know we are getting so much closer to summer! 

Hang in there and don’t give up, the end will be here before we know it!

Rachel is from northern New Jersey and is currently a junior at Binghamton University in New York. She is majoring in Psychology with a minor in Education. She has always been interested in fashion, and she loves to write. She was first a news writer and then the Arts and Entertainment editor for her award-winning high school newspaper, The Highland Fling. She now is a contributing news writer to BU's paper, Pipe Dream. She is thrilled to be a new member of the Her Campus team!
Binghamton Contributor