How To: De-Stress With Exercise

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

The snow is falling, finals and papers are due. We are stuck in the rut of finals week, but we need to pull ourselves out of this stress. Exercise is so daunting, and it is stressful to have to add yet another thing onto our to-do lists. However, making time for yourself is important. Taking care of yourself will help you combat the stress. Follow these easy tips to maintain sanity throughout the next week.

1. Do Yoga
Yoga requires two things: YouTube and a yoga mat. Look for free yoga videos online, roll out your yoga mat and get to work. Yoga helps channel your breathing, control your stress and stretch your muscles.

2. Get to the gym
Make a commitment to exercise two times a week. Use the elliptical or bike for around 45 minutes for a good intensity workout.

3. Recognize the benefits of Exercise
When you work-out, your brain releases endorphins, the feel good chemicals. It is a natural high to put you in a better mood. Exercise also can promote healthy sleep cycles, and allow you to feel more refreshed.

4. Try Tai-Chi
Tai- Chi is a series of slow controlled movements that allows you to stretch your muscles while using controlled breathing. It consists of flowing movements that ease your body while still working your muscles. 

Good luck :)

Caitlin is from Long Island, New York and is a sophomore. She is majoring in Psychology and minoring in Health and Wellness Studies at Binghamton University. Caitlin loves make-up and gets her inspiration from Allure and Glamour magazine. She loves living a healthy lifestyle and contributes her passion for health to her mother. She is excited to be apart of the Her Campus team.