Holiday Gifts for Every Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

While Black Friday and Cyber Monday have passed, if you’re anything like me you still have a ton of holiday gift shopping to do. In case you’re having trouble picking out gifts for your friends this holiday season, here is a personalized gift guide based on your friends’ majors. Happy shopping!

1. Biology

Chromosome Pillows. These super cute pillows are the perfect way for your Bio major friend to celebrate that A in Genetics.

2.Business

Kate Spade Business Card Holder. Winter break equals networking events for business majors. Help your business friends stay organized (and stylish) with this business card holder.

3. Cinema

For the cinema major in your life, check out memberships at independent movie theaters in your area. In Binghamton, the Art Mission and Theater’s student membership includes so many amazing discounts that you might want to buy a membership for yourself while you’re at it.

4. Computer Science

Adult Coloring Book. After hours of coding, computer science majors’ eyes could use a break from staring at a laptop screen. An adult coloring break is easy on the eyes and the perfect way to de-stress.

5. Education

Alex & Ani “Apple Of Abundance Charm Bangle”. As education is only a minor at Binghamton, future teachers deserve some love. This cute Alex & Ani bangle is sure to put a huge smile on a future teacher’s face.

6. Engineering

Electric Paint Pen. The lines that this paint pen leave conduct electricity, so basically you can paint wires or sensors. I don’t know what I would do with this, but I have a feeling that your engineer friend will.

7. English

The Book Lover’s Journal. For the English major planning to hide in her room reading all winter break. This journal has room to reflect, plan future reading, and even track books lent to friends… so pretty much a book lover’s dream come true.

8. Graphic Design

CMYK Playing Cards. These playing cards were made for graphic designers. The suits have been swapped for printer ink colors and each card is colored by different opacities of ink representing its value.

9. Health & Wellness

Salad Dressing Dice. Help your health nut friend come up with the perfect salad combo with these dice. Salad ingredients not included.

10. History

Hamilton “History has its Eyes on You” Tee. While every history fan is probably dreaming of Hamilton tickets this holiday season, you’re a college student on a budget! This limited edition tee benefitting the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History will have to do.

11. Journalism

Kate Spade Notebook. Every journalist needs a cute notebook to jot down facts and quotes during an interview. Binghamton may not have a journalism major but this gift works just as well for a rhetoric major.

12. Linguistics

Magnetic Poetry. This gift is perfect for the language lover in your life. It’s just like those word magnets you’ve played with for hours on your grandma’s fridge BUT available in different languages.

13. Marketing

Ogilvy on Advertising. A must-read for anyone going into the field. This classic book will speak to your marketing-obsessed friends, and maybe even help them get a job! The gift that keeps on giving.

14. Math

Equation Clock. Definitely a gift that only a math major can appreciate. Do not expect anyone else to know what time it is.

15. Music

Music IQ Party Game. This game tests both your knowledge of music and memory. Assuming you’re not a music major also, you’re also giving the gift of a free ego boost.

16. Nursing

Nursing majors are on their feet for long periods of time during clinical. Give your friend the gift she really needs, a cute pair of sneakers with excellent support.

17. Physics

Bubble Wrap Calendar. Help a stressed-out Physics major to relax with this bubble wrap calendar. Popping your way through 2017 has never sounded so appealing.

18. Political Science

Constitution of United States of America Glass. Drink to the end of the semester with this cute glass featuring the constitution.

19. Pre-Med

“It’s a Beautiful Day to Save Lives” Tee. Assuming your pre-med friend’s medical knowledge all began with Grey’s Anatomy, it will always hold a special place in her heart. This cute tee with a classic Grey’s line is sure to please.

20. Psychology/Neuroscience

Left Brain, Right Brain Bookends. These bookends are the perfect gift for your brainy Psych/Neuroscience friends. See what I did there?

Samantha is a senior at Binghamton University majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and minoring in Global Studies. She is a proud member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi and Vice President of the Binghamton University Marketing Association (BUMA). She just got back from an amazing semester abroad at the University of Westminster in London. You can find her loudly singing along to the Hamilton soundtrack. Follow her on Instagram / Twitter.
Binghamton Contributor