Hat’s Off to the Best Summer Hats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

As we approach the end of the school year, we are getting that much closer to warmer weather. Once that last final is over everyone will be ready to hit the pool and beach. It’s super important to take care of your skin when you are going to be outside. Obviously it’s crucial to wear sunscreen, but in addition to lotion, hats are a great option to protect your precious face. Many people fear wearing hats because they either don’t want to get hat hair or they feel they don’t rock the hat look. Never fear ladies, here are some great hats to wear that anyone can rock!

Sun Hat: You can never go wrong with the classic sun hat. Specifically, this kind of hat is great for the beach. Its long rim around the entire hat shields your face from the ever so blazing sun. Pair this hat with a cute bathing suit and cover-up and you’re ready for a fun-filled day at the beach!

Fedora: This type of hat is for the trendsetter in you. Back in the day aka the 1980s you would see anyone and everyone wearing one. These hats took a hiatus give or take fifteen years, but now it’s back and making a statement! This hat not only protects your face from the summer sun, but it’s super stylish. Whether you are pairing it with harem pants or a maxi dress, a fedora will give your outfit the necessary bold factor. The fedora definitely favors a more urban style, but don’t let that stop you from rocking this timeless hat!

Baseball Cap: We all own one, whether we wear it just during the baseball season or it just sits in the back of your closet collecting dust. Although the baseball cap is simple, it serves it’s purpose; sheltering your face from the sun. Baseball caps can be super cute if you wear it right and can give you a guy’s kind of girl look, and who wouldn’t want that? White caps are good if you play tennis, but also a worn- in- hat will give you a more rugged look. 

Melissa is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Scarsdale, NY. She getting a dual degree in English Rhetoric and Human Development. She loves fashion, writing, and social media. Since joining the Her Campus she has interned at two magazines, CollegeFashionista.com and Paper Magazine in NYC. She currently is the Vice President of the sorority Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. She is looking forward to making the next step in her HC journey from Staff Writer to Campus Correspondent.
Binghamton Contributor