Four Inspiring Quotes to Get You Through a Hard Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

We all have hard weeks, ones where all we want to do is lay in our beds and listen to music, watch netflix and avoid all of our responsibilities. Believe me, I have these often, but here are a few inspiring quotes that I turn to that get me through hard times.

1. “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” -Audrey Hepburn

This has been one of my favorite quotes for years, I even have it hanging on my wall in my home bedroom. Not only is it beautiful, but it is inspiring and relatable as well. Whenever I feel down or feel a lack of confidence, I think of this quote because it is true. We are beautiful when we are happy, laughter is the cure for anything, miracles happen and being strong is the best anyone can be. Remember that and you will thrive, although I know you most likely already are.

2.   “So don’t be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble and fall, cause most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you’ll get everything you wish for. Maybe you’ll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination.” -Coach Whitey Durham

In true fashion, I chose a One Tree Hill quote because it is one of my all time favorite shows. One reason I love it so much is because with every episode comes an important life lesson, ones that apply daily to life, family and friendship. This one rings incredibly true. The only way you can fully live your life is by facing your fears, and fears are inevitable. You are going to stumble, make mistakes and feel like you want to give up, but when you do, think of the wise Whitey’s advice.

3. “Don’t waste any time trying to be anyone but yourself, because the things that make you strange are the things that make you powerful.” -Ben Platt

Ben Platt, at the young age of 23 years old won his very first Tony Award and gave a speech that made us all cry. Just when we thought he had said it all, he finishes off with this amazing quote, one that will forever be iconic. I think about this quote daily, especially at times when I feel I am not good, smart or talented enough to achieve my goals. But Ben is right, our strange, unique and weird qualities are what make us who we are, they are what make us powerful. Be you because there is no one better to be.

4.  “You are perfectly cast in your life. I can’t imagine anyone but you in the role. Go play” -Lin Manuel Miranda

The one, the only, the genius himself, Mr. Lin Manuel Miranda could not have said it any better than anyone else. Every word that he says is pure magic and this, something that he tweeted on a random day, is one that will go down in the books. There is no one else but you who can live your life. We all play our own roles and we are absolutely perfect for them. Go play, go live your life and know that you are the only one that can do it as amazing as you do.

Molly Heller

Binghamton '20

Molly Abigail Heller is a Junior at Binghamton University planning to pursue a major in theater with a concentration in tech and marketing. Her biggest passions are musical theater, social media, writing and making people smile and her dream is to one day work somewhere that allows her to pursue all of those. You can usually find her hanging with her friends in and out of her sorority (Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi), listening to music, at the gym or obsessing over something Bachelor Nation related. "Passionately smashing every expectation".
Binghamton Contributor