Fall Makeup Trends for Class or Nighttime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Now that the weather is changing and summer is over, we need to start thinking about how we’re going to do our makeup this season. Our tans are fading, and our paler skin is not going to look good with a pastel lipstick anymore. So, it’s time to figure out what makeup trends are in for the fall this year, and there are a ton of new things that we can all start experimenting with:

• Burgandy lips. Ditch your nudes and your pinks for a deep wine colored lipstick. If you want to be bold and wear it to class, rock your dark lip with a simple eye look. Just go for mascara, and you’ll look like you came straight off of the runway. When it’s time to head down to State Street, dare to go vampy with a dark eye and dark lip. Try out a brown smokey eye with your burgandy lips and watch your look transform into one you might find in a high-fasion magazine.
  • Cat eyes. Go for a feminine, feline look by trying out winged eyeliner. The shape of the wing extends the shape of your eyes, giving them a cat-like effect. You can stay low-key and go for a black liner, or you can amp up the look by trying out a purple or cobalt blue liner. If you’re playing with color, remember to keep the rest of your face simple so you don’t overdo it. If you’re staying with the basic black, try out a hot pink or red lipstick to look like a total bombshell.
  • Orange-toned eyeshadow. We know that it’s scary to try something new with your makeup, but we dare you to try wearing orange-toned shadows on your lids. The warmness of these colors bring out the best in any eye color, so what’s not to love? Pair these eyes with a dark or nude lip, depending on where you’re going and how bold you’re willing to be.
  • Glitter… everywhere. You don’t need to wait until Halloween to start wearing glitter. Pick up a glitter liner from a drugstore, and start out by lining your lids in a silver or gold for a fun party look. When you’re ready to transition with more glitter, try out a dust or pigment that you can put all over the lid. Don’t be afraid to highlight your cheeks with it, too! Just keep it to a minimum that makes you look fashionable and not like a greaseball.
  • Bold eyebrows. With models like Cara Delevingne taking the world by storm, we’re all loving bold brows this season. If your brows are naturally thin, have no fear! Use an eyeshadow or brow powder that is similar to the color of your hair to fill those babies in. An angled brush will give you the most precision, and you can shape them however you want. Tip: brush your brows with a spoole brush before and after applying product to make sure that everything is blended evenly and sits in place just how you want it.