Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Celebrities

Meet Your CC!

By Amanda Gurock
October 25, 2014 - 11:55pm

Name: Amanda Gurock Year: Senior Major: English with a concentration in rhetoric Favorite TV Shows: Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Pretty Little Liars, The Voice, The Middle Favorite Actors: Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Posey, Ian Somerhalder, Joseph Morgan Favorite Actress: Nina Dobrev <3  Favorite Stores: Lord and Taylor, Forever 21, H&M READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Susan Reilly

By Amanda Gurock
October 18, 2014 - 4:57pm

Name: Susan Reilly Year: First year grad student Major: Biology Fun Facts: I make really great crumb cake I went to Belize on a marine biology trip I have a jet ski I love ketchup One of my favorite shows is Sons of Anarchy READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: A-List Alyssa

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
October 11, 2014 - 2:24am

This weeks Campus Celebrity has been an OA, ROA, RA and is part of APO, so it only makes sense that shes part of the BU A-List. Take a minute to get to know Alyssa Moya just a little better. You can also catch her this weekend in the Mandela Room as part of the Emerging Leaders Panel.  Its pretty apparent you keep busy and stay involved, can you give us a rundown of all the things you do? READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Olinda Montoro

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
October 3, 2014 - 3:32pm

This week’s Collegiate Campus Celebrity is Olinda Montoro, a 2nd semester junior Majoring in Linguistics. She’s also a “Marketeer” for the BU Athletics Department. As one of twelve other sports marketing interns, she works hard to brainstorm ideas and work with athletic department heads to encourage student involvement with regards to athletic events and overall school spirit. As a result she lets her Bearcat spirit roar and works to create an atmosphere that excites and engages students so that we can provide support for all the athletic teams. I sat down with her to get the scoop on how she snagged such a fun and exciting internship. How did you first find out about the internship and what made you apply?...

Campus Celebrity Study Abroad Edition: Karly Weinreb

By Samantha Wieder
September 23, 2014 - 10:54am

Thinking about studying abroad for a semester while at Binghamton? This week's campus celebrity, Karly Weinreb is back at Binghamton this fall after spending the spring 2014 semester in Jerusalem, Israel studying at Hebrew University. Students who spend a semester abroad come back to campus the following semester with new cultural experiences that only spending five months in another country can provide them with. Here is what Karly had to say about her experience abroad last semester and her advice for anyone considering going abroad as well.   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: This Guy Will Make You Rethink Your Major

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
September 19, 2014 - 6:52pm

When you think about picking your major in college, most of the time it’s done very practically and without much thought. If you want to be a movie star, you choose theater. If you dream of being the Beyoncé, you pick music (or you try out for one of the many vocal talent shows on TV nowadays). The next Wall Street mogul? Business Administration. So when I met William Ferrante, a junior double majoring in Cell and Molecular Biology and Studio Art with hopes of going on to dental school and becoming an oral surgeon, I was intrigued and needed to learn more. What made you want to take up Pre-Med as a college career path? READ MORE

Daniel Fernandez

By Maura Lewis
September 13, 2014 - 3:02pm

This week's Campus Celebrity article was meant to focus on someone who had an interesting intership this summer. After sifting through a few really cool stories, I had the pleasure of interviewing BU senior Daniel Fernandez about his internship in Brooklyn with Amplify. Amplify is a company that develops web curriculums for children in order to teach them through games and other applications- teaching without "teaching". The subject material includes topics such as math, science, English, and even Spanish. Daniel's responsibilities at Amplify included supervision of the children during the beta testing as well as collecting and entering their feedback from surveys. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Alex Del Prince

By Caitlin Sortino
May 15, 2014 - 2:27pm

Full name: Alexandra Nicole Del Prince Hometown: Elma, NY Year: Junior Major: Nursing Favorite Thing about Binghamton: There's something for everyone to get involved in on campus Worst Thing about Binghamton: The weather Favorite food: Panera macaroni and cheese Favorite Movie: Gran Torino Biggest Fear: Losing the people that I love the most READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Ashley Nichter

By Amanda Gurock
May 9, 2014 - 7:54pm

Name: Ashley Nichter Hometown: Poughkeepsie, NY Major: Biology Future Career: Vet Favorite Movie: Pitch Perfect Favorite Singer: Luke Bryan Places I Want To Visit: Santorini, Italy, and the Bahamas Favorite Summer Activity: Going to the beach 3 Random Facts: I've lived in 4 different houses, I can lick my elbow, and I am obsessed with sundresses READ MORE

Danielle Nigro '17

By Maura Lewis
May 2, 2014 - 6:19pm

Amidst the frantic finishing of projects and studying for finals, Binghamton students are now enjoying the variuos end-of-semester activities and performances. If you have yet to see the Theater Department's rendition of Anne Boleyn, you're missing out! I had the privilege of interviewing freshman Danielle Nigro, star of Anne Boleyn (and last semester's performance of Rent as Maureen). Here's what she has to say: READ MORE