Campus Fashionista- Jessica Schwartz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

As a graphic design major, this fashionista has a special eye for style. Meet this Her Campus Fahsionista, Jessica Schwartz. Jess knows how to take a simple outfit and add small touches to make it look cute! I sat with Jess to ask her about her style and her fashion influences and what stores she shops at for anyone that wants to get this cool and comfortable look! 

Q: Describe what you’re wearing!

A: I am wearing a cardigan from Urban Outfitters (cute and comfy), a plain t-shirt, winter leggings from American Apparel (life savers for frigid Binghamton conditions), shoes from a random boutqiue in NYC (oxford-like style), and a long necklacke with a hamsa, and a “J” necklace.

Q: How would you describe your style?

A: Comfortable and cute. It’s more important to feel comfortable, and if you can pull off looking really trendy but feeling like you are in pajamas, then you have succeeded! 

Q: Is there anyone who inspires your style?

A. Yes. As much as I hate to admit it, my mother. I also love 80s style so my mother, the 80s, and Mindy Kaling influenced me.

Q: What does it mean to you to be a Her Campus Fashionista?

A: It is an honor to be recognized as a fashionista by my peers since I don’t really consider myself one. Nevertheless I’m really excited!

Q: What are your favorite stores to shop at?

A: Forever 21, American Eagle, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Tobi, and Nordstrom. 

Q: What fashion tips can you offer for girls?

A: Necklaces and colored eyeliner. Necklaces spice up any simple outfit, and colorful eyeliners are fun and playful.

Q: What is your biggest fashion mistake or a bad trend that you are guilty of following?

A: I had gaucho pants in 6th grade. They were HORRIBLE! Looking back at photos it makes me cringe to see my body still but my pants swaying. 

Samantha Wieder is a senior at Binghamton University. She's majoring in English Rhetoric and minoring in Cinema. Heavily involved in campus, she's proud to be part of BTV, Binghamton's student run television station, as production manager on e-board. She's also a member of the Marketing Association, staff writer for Pipe Dream Release, and a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. During the summer of 2014, she was an Editorial Intern at Long Island Pulse Magazine in Patchogue, NY and during the summer of 2015, she was a Marketing and Communications Intern at Hazon, a Jewish non-profit in the Financial District. She looks forward to interning at FOX 40 in Binghamton during the spring 2016 semester and to begin a career in New York City for post-grad life. She looks forward to another incredible year of writing for Her Campus!
Binghamton Contributor