Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Blog

What I Would Tell My Younger Self

By Samantha Wieder
October 16, 2014 - 11:07pm

As a junior in college, I finally feel like I'm fully past the stage of petty high school drama. Let's be honest, once you get to college, the high school drama you dealt with four years carries into freshman year of college- just with different people. After my freshman year of college, I transferred to a new school and the silly things I did to try and fit in during high school carried me as I tried to navigate my way through my new school. A year after transferring, I sit here a completely different person with some advice for my high-school self.   1. Don't Worry About What Everyone Thinks READ MORE

Recap: College Fashion Week NYC

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
October 16, 2014 - 10:40pm

This past weekend, I trekked my way downstate to the city that never sleeps to attend the 2014 Her Campus College Fashion Week.  Held at Santos Party House right in the heart of Chinatown, this event was a collegiette fanfare for the ages. Freebies galore and tons of great beauty tips, this event had everything. READ MORE

HC Survival Kit

By Amanda Gurock
October 14, 2014 - 5:08pm

We can't get over how amazing the HC Back-To-School survival guide is! Here's some of the best products we received:   Chipotle BOGO burrito cards (AKA financial aid!) Mini LUNA bars Affinitas Cupcake Panties Tanda Zap acne spot treatment devices Aeropostale gift cards Special edition Nasty Gal accessories Free Clue app download cards European Wax Center exfoliating gel coupons Ah! So much love for this... especially the Chipotle BOGO cards. READ MORE

My Cinderella Story

By Melissa Chalson
October 11, 2014 - 2:17pm

READ MORE

My First Semester Goals

By Melissa Chalson
October 3, 2014 - 10:02pm

1. Learn to Balance Two Majors This semester, I decided that I am going to take on another major. Along with majoring in Human Development, I want to major in English Rhetoric. I am very nervous for this, but I am optimistic for my success and the new challenge. I chose to do this because I think this will be beneficial for my future career path. I want to go into the communications and/or journalism field so it just makes sense to do this major as well. I hope that this semester I’ll really flourish in my English classes and that all of this will be worth it in the end. READ MORE

My First Semester Goals

By Samantha Wieder
September 16, 2014 - 11:28am

One of the best parts of classes starting again each fall is the chance to set new goals for yourself. The start of a new academic year is almost like New Year's Day: School Edition. Many students have similar goals in mind like getting good grades, getting more involved in clubs and organizations, and having a good time. While I share all of these goals with my peers, I have a few of my own unique goals this fall semester that I'm looking forward to accomplishing.     1. Getting Accepted to Study Abroad READ MORE

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

By Melissa Chalson
September 12, 2014 - 5:50pm

READ MORE

A Year in Review: My Top 5 Memories

By Melissa Chalson
May 10, 2014 - 10:06pm

College is known as the time where you will make life-long friends, explore new things: good or bad, and create lasting memories. Every year of college is a new chapter in the story of your life; each semester different than the last. I can definitely say that I have had some ups and downs this year, but I wouldn’t go back in time and change any of what happened. These are my top five memories this year (in no particular order). READ MORE

My Sophomore Year Highlights

By Rachel A. Kaplan
May 10, 2014 - 2:34pm

As my sophomore year comes to an end, I find myself getting nostalgic and reflecting on the past year. I really enjoyed myself this year and a lot of fun, exciting things happened! I can't believe I will be an upperclassman next year (insert monkey covering face emoji here). Here are some of my sophomore year highlights: 1. I lived in new Dickinson! This year, I lived in a 4-person flat in Dickinson in Johnson Hall. I loved it so much not only because it was beautiful, but because it was such a step up from old Dickinson which is where I lived last year. After that, I think I deserved this luxurious living! I also lived with three of my closet friends here, so we had a blast and made lots of memories. ...

How To: Survive Finals Week

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
May 9, 2014 - 4:57pm

Stressed out over that Differential Equations final? Does Chem 480 have you flipping out? No worries, here are 5 easy tips to help distress and recharge when studying for finals.   READ MORE