Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Blog

A Year in Review: My Top 5 Memories

By Melissa Chalson
May 10, 2014 - 10:06pm

College is known as the time where you will make life-long friends, explore new things: good or bad, and create lasting memories. Every year of college is a new chapter in the story of your life; each semester different than the last. I can definitely say that I have had some ups and downs this year, but I wouldn’t go back in time and change any of what happened. These are my top five memories this year (in no particular order). READ MORE

My Sophomore Year Highlights

By Rachel A. Kaplan
May 10, 2014 - 2:34pm

As my sophomore year comes to an end, I find myself getting nostalgic and reflecting on the past year. I really enjoyed myself this year and a lot of fun, exciting things happened! I can't believe I will be an upperclassman next year (insert monkey covering face emoji here). Here are some of my sophomore year highlights: 1. I lived in new Dickinson! This year, I lived in a 4-person flat in Dickinson in Johnson Hall. I loved it so much not only because it was beautiful, but because it was such a step up from old Dickinson which is where I lived last year. After that, I think I deserved this luxurious living! I also lived with three of my closet friends here, so we had a blast and made lots of memories. ...

How To: Survive Finals Week

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
May 9, 2014 - 4:57pm

Stressed out over that Differential Equations final? Does Chem 480 have you flipping out? No worries, here are 5 easy tips to help distress and recharge when studying for finals.   READ MORE

How to Get Bikini Ready

By Caitlin Sortino
May 5, 2014 - 4:14pm

The semester is coming down to the wire as tests, and papers are increasing drastically. The good news is this means that summer is approaching fast! In an attempt to get some vitamin D after spending 10 months in grey Binghamton, I will be making plenty of trips to the beach and pool. I know I am not ready to be in a bikini just yet but if I implement these techniques I know I’ll be ready to rock it. READ MORE

My Perfect Spring Fling

By Samantha Wieder
April 29, 2014 - 12:16pm

With just two weeks of classes left until finals, we can finally say that the end of the school year is amongst us and soon we’ll be heading home for the summer. However, we’re not quite ready to wrap up the year until one big event takes place and that event is Binghamton’s Annual Spring Fling. Spring Fling is taking place this Saturday, May 3rd and will feature musical performances from headliners Matt and Kim, carnival rides and games, and the campus community gathering together to enjoy what will be a (hopefully) sunny day filled with fun. As a transfer student I am so excited to experience my very first Spring Fling and I must admit, I have pretty high expectations. Here’s what I hope to experience on Saturday:  ...

Favorite Binghamton Memory

By Sharon Smilovich
April 24, 2014 - 5:57pm

READ MORE

How To: Get Back On Track After Spring Break

By Rachel A. Kaplan
April 24, 2014 - 4:15pm

READ MORE

How to Survive Without Bread on Passover

By Sharon Smilovich
April 9, 2014 - 10:56pm

Passover is that time of year where we have to survive without bread. Although this seems pretty much impossible it is totally possible to survive and even enjoy Passover. 1.) Who doesn’t love matzah? Matzah is everyone’s guilty pleasure. It is the best substitute for bread! To make it even more tasteful, try adding cream cheese, butter, or even Nutella spread! You can put anything that you would normally put on a slice of bread! READ MORE

How I'm Spending My (Much Needed) Spring Break

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
April 8, 2014 - 5:22pm

It is FINALLY (almost) spring break. And I, just like every single other student at Bing right now, have just about nothing else on my mind! I am so excited for spring break and as much as we (I) complained about it being so late there is an upside! I think it's really nice to be home for the holidays whether you are hunting for eggs or looking for the afikoman this will be a spring break to remember! My plans unfortunately aren't going all Spring Breakers on a cruise or a Caribbean island somewhere but I am still looking forward to spending my spring break with family, friends and by shopping, and most importantly eating some really good food. Friends: READ MORE

How to Have a Good Spring Break (No Matter Where You Are!)

By Maura Lewis
April 2, 2014 - 4:46pm

Better late than never: As the Spring weather is finally starting to blossom in Binghamton, the campus readies itself for a much needed, much anticipated Spring Break. If you're poor like me, you will not be busting out the bikinis and passports or boarding a plane to someplace exotic. While vacations are fun, there are plenty of other options to having a fun spring break from just about anywhere. READ MORE