Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Blog

How to Survive Without Bread on Passover

By Sharon Smilovich
April 9, 2014 - 10:56pm

Passover is that time of year where we have to survive without bread. Although this seems pretty much impossible it is totally possible to survive and even enjoy Passover. 1.) Who doesn’t love matzah? Matzah is everyone’s guilty pleasure. It is the best substitute for bread! To make it even more tasteful, try adding cream cheese, butter, or even Nutella spread! You can put anything that you would normally put on a slice of bread! READ MORE

How I'm Spending My (Much Needed) Spring Break

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
April 8, 2014 - 5:22pm

It is FINALLY (almost) spring break. And I, just like every single other student at Bing right now, have just about nothing else on my mind! I am so excited for spring break and as much as we (I) complained about it being so late there is an upside! I think it's really nice to be home for the holidays whether you are hunting for eggs or looking for the afikoman this will be a spring break to remember! My plans unfortunately aren't going all Spring Breakers on a cruise or a Caribbean island somewhere but I am still looking forward to spending my spring break with family, friends and by shopping, and most importantly eating some really good food. Friends: READ MORE

How to Have a Good Spring Break (No Matter Where You Are!)

By Maura Lewis
April 2, 2014 - 4:46pm

Better late than never: As the Spring weather is finally starting to blossom in Binghamton, the campus readies itself for a much needed, much anticipated Spring Break. If you're poor like me, you will not be busting out the bikinis and passports or boarding a plane to someplace exotic. While vacations are fun, there are plenty of other options to having a fun spring break from just about anywhere. READ MORE

Tone Those Arms!

By Caitlin Sortino
March 27, 2014 - 10:55pm

Spring break is coming up, which means ample time for netflix and all your favorite food from home… right? I say no, it’s an excellent time to get into a workout routine so you can feel great in a bathing suit at the pool. I recommend trying these five easy arm workouts without weights to get you started, then as you get more comfortable build up by adding in a dumbbell.  Shoulder Press READ MORE

How To: Adapt to a New School After Transferring

By Samantha Wieder
March 25, 2014 - 3:47pm

READ MORE

How To: Be Active on Campus

By Sharon Smilovich
March 18, 2014 - 10:58am

Getting involved and active on campus is one of the most important things about college life. Sure academics are important, but there is so much more to college besides that. Being a part of something makes the college experience all the more exciting and memorable!   1.)Join a club: With 160 clubs on campus, there is a club for everyone! No matter what your interests are, there is most probably a club for you! Whether it is the mock trial team or zombies vs. aliens, clubs can be such a fun part of college. It is such a good way to get involved and meet new people!   READ MORE

My Favorite Binghamton Memories- a Junior's Perspective

By Maura Lewis
March 13, 2014 - 4:33pm

With one year to go, it's about time I look back on my time here at Binghamton University and make sure I do the things I've yet to accomplish. I am always astounded when I hear seniors say they have never been in the Nature Preserve, checked out the Art Gallery, been to Lost Dog Cafe, or taken a Vaughan class. There are some things that every student must experience (luckily I can cross all those things off my list). Whether you're running out of time like me or just beginning your journey, here are a few of my favorite memories of my time here at old BU. I hope they inspire you to get out there and make your own memories! READ MORE

How To: Exercise In Your Dorm Room

By Caitlin Sortino
March 5, 2014 - 3:05pm

Your schedule is finally solidified and you are booked solid. It’s becoming harder to make time for friends much less finding time go to the gym. If you can’t motivate yourself to get out of bed, working out in your room is the way to go. It’s easy, fast and you don’t have to worry about running into anyone after an intense workout. READ MORE

How To: Prepare for Parade Day

By Samantha Wieder
February 26, 2014 - 3:13pm

Binghamton students are getting hyped up this week for Saturday’s upcoming Parade Day! What better way to celebrate the first day of March (aka Justin Bieber’s birthday) than with wearing green, drinking all day, and spending the day downtown with friends? For many people, including myself, this will be their first Parade Day, and for some they are seasoned pros. Either way everyone can use the week leading up to this big day with some tips to prepare for what’s about to come. 1. Stock Up On Green READ MORE

How To: Survive Pledging

By Rachel A. Kaplan
February 25, 2014 - 12:55pm

It’s well into the spring semester and we all know what that means for many collegiettes around the country: pledging. Here at Binghamton, we finished up PanHellenic council rush just last weekend, and as of this week, pledging is in full swing. This can be a tough and emotional journey, but we are here to give you some tips to survive the process: Remain open-minded READ MORE