Best Classes to Take Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

With just three full weeks of classes remaining this semester followed by a week of finals, students are already busy thinking about the spring semester and either finalizing their class schedules or changing them around. If you’re wondering which classes would be good to take and you want to try and fit them into your schedule next spring, here a few to check out!

1. A Ryan Vaughan class

Have you heard your English major friends boast about how everyone must take a Vaughan class before they graduate Binghamton? Well, if you’re looking for another class, make next semester the one you fit a Vaughan class into. Vaughan is known for being a great professor and absolutely hilarious and two of the classes he’s teaching next semester suggest just in their titles how funny they’ll be. Humor Across the Media and Animated Sitcoms will hopefully lighten up your class schedule and soon you’ll understand why your friends all wanted you to take a class with the star of the BTV show “Pizza With Vaughan.” 

2. Cinema

As a cinema minor, I can speak first hand at how great the cinema courses at Binghamton are. Very few things beat classes that require you to watch multiple films throughout the semester inbetween class lectures. Classes such as Good Girls/Bad Girls and Fast/Furious/Free:Road Movies focus in on movies following a certain theme so that students can learn trends of certain movie types. Another class in the cinema department that students should take if they have completed CINE 121 and 122 is CINE 252, Video & Filmmaking I. In this course, students get hands on experience in making and editing their own short films using both Super 8 filming and editing techniques and filming video and editing on Final Cut Pro. 

3. Health and Wellness

A requirement for every student at Binghamton is to complete a Health and Wellness course so what’s better than signing up for one of these courses than during the spring semester? After coming back from over a month of celebrating winter holidays and enjoying home cooking and your favorite restaurants at home, spring is a great time to get a start on those New Year’s Revolutions and an early start towards getting in shape for summer and a health and wellness course is an easy way to assure that you get in some exercise during the week. Whether you’re interested in aquatics, yoga, or weight training, Binghamton has a wide variety of health and wellness classes that are a perfect choice for the spring semester!

Samantha Wieder is a senior at Binghamton University. She's majoring in English Rhetoric and minoring in Cinema. Heavily involved in campus, she's proud to be part of BTV, Binghamton's student run television station, as production manager on e-board. She's also a member of the Marketing Association, staff writer for Pipe Dream Release, and a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. During the summer of 2014, she was an Editorial Intern at Long Island Pulse Magazine in Patchogue, NY and during the summer of 2015, she was a Marketing and Communications Intern at Hazon, a Jewish non-profit in the Financial District. She looks forward to interning at FOX 40 in Binghamton during the spring 2016 semester and to begin a career in New York City for post-grad life. She looks forward to another incredible year of writing for Her Campus!
Binghamton Contributor