Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Archives

Campus Cutie: Morgan Furman '16

By Rachel A. Kaplan
April 12, 2014 - 11:51pm

This week, I am visiting my friend Morgan at Washington University, which is in St. Louis, MO! In order to spice things up, I decided to interview her for Campus Cutie, even though she doesn't go to Binghamton. It has been so much fun to visit another college over our spring break and to experience another collegiette's college perspective: FULL NAME: Morgan Jamie Furman YEAR: Sophomore HOMETOWN: Malvern, PA MAJOR: Psychology MINOR: Legal Studies FUN FACT: I am allergic to white fish. FAVORITE CLOTHING ITEM: Socks FAVORITE PART OF COLLEGE: The delicious dining hall food (unlike Binghamton's, WashU's food is award-winning) FAVORITE FOOD: Steak FAVORITE PART OF COLLEGE: the friendly people READ MORE...

Fun Family Activities to do Over Break!

By Samantha Wieder
April 10, 2014 - 1:58pm

It's (FINALLY) that time of the year again: spring break! While I'm very excited to be free of school for a week, spend some much needed time at home, and eat a lot of matzah (okay, not so excited about that one), the downside to our spring break being so late in the semester is that all of my other friends had their spring break already. I know other people are in this same situation, but don't fret! Here are things to have fun and keep busy with and do with your family. After all, your family misses you and it's important to spend quality time with them! READ MORE

How to Survive Without Bread on Passover

By Sharon Smilovich
April 9, 2014 - 10:56pm

Passover is that time of year where we have to survive without bread. Although this seems pretty much impossible it is totally possible to survive and even enjoy Passover. 1.) Who doesn’t love matzah? Matzah is everyone’s guilty pleasure. It is the best substitute for bread! To make it even more tasteful, try adding cream cheese, butter, or even Nutella spread! You can put anything that you would normally put on a slice of bread! READ MORE

TV Shows and Movies to Binge Watch Over Spring Break

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
April 9, 2014 - 8:37pm

Whether you’re traveling home or traveling to some exotic locale, it’s undeniable that the upcoming Spring Break has been long overdue. But regardless of where you choose to spend your upcoming week of relaxation and peace, make sure you set aside time to catch up on your favorite shows. Drop those textbooks and pick up that remote! Here are a few TV shows and documentaries I recommend checking out while you’re cozied up in bed or sprawled out on the beach. Bates Motel READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Baxter Bearcat

By Caitlin Sortino
April 9, 2014 - 10:58am

READ MORE

How I'm Spending My (Much Needed) Spring Break

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
April 8, 2014 - 5:22pm

It is FINALLY (almost) spring break. And I, just like every single other student at Bing right now, have just about nothing else on my mind! I am so excited for spring break and as much as we (I) complained about it being so late there is an upside! I think it's really nice to be home for the holidays whether you are hunting for eggs or looking for the afikoman this will be a spring break to remember! My plans unfortunately aren't going all Spring Breakers on a cruise or a Caribbean island somewhere but I am still looking forward to spending my spring break with family, friends and by shopping, and most importantly eating some really good food. Friends: READ MORE

Cute Nail Designs to Try at Home!

By Maura Lewis
April 7, 2014 - 11:22am

I don't know about you, but I hardly have time to get my nails done when I'm home, let alone at school. And let's face it- it's more fun to try it yourself anyway! As a rule of thumb, always have a clear base coat for durable application, clear top coat to protect design, and a wooden toothpick for designs. Here are some relatively easy styles to try when you're feeling artsy: Source: Tumblr READ MORE

The Color Run

By Amanda Gurock
April 6, 2014 - 1:16pm

The happiest 5K on the planet. READ MORE

What are your Spring Breaks plans?

By Amanda Gurock

The Official Ranking of the Marketplace

By Melissa Chalson
April 5, 2014 - 4:39pm

Since it’s grand opening in the beginning of the spring semester, the Marketplace has been the hot spot on campus! This place offers a variety of dining options as well as areas to do work and hang with friends. You can see students constantly going in and out of the MP all day long; it’s truly the hub of campus. Here is the official ranking of the food stations at the MP. READ MORE