Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Archives

Campus Celebrity: This Guy Will Make You Rethink Your Major

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
September 19, 2014 - 6:52pm

When you think about picking your major in college, most of the time it’s done very practically and without much thought. If you want to be a movie star, you choose theater. If you dream of being the Beyoncé, you pick music (or you try out for one of the many vocal talent shows on TV nowadays). The next Wall Street mogul? Business Administration. So when I met William Ferrante, a junior double majoring in Cell and Molecular Biology and Studio Art with hopes of going on to dental school and becoming an oral surgeon, I was intrigued and needed to learn more. What made you want to take up Pre-Med as a college career path? READ MORE

My Favorite Place On Campus: The Nature Preserve

By Deena Abramson
September 19, 2014 - 4:44pm

At Binghamton University, we are lucky to be home to the beautiful nature preserve.  If you have not checked it out yet, or have not gone for a long time, the nature preserve is the best place for a weekend hike, run through the woods, or stargazing at night.  Fun Fact: in 1969, University students fought against turning the area into playing fields.  Instead they proposed that the land be used for both educational and recreational purposes.  So if you have gone to the nature preserve during a biology or environmental studies lab, thank your fellow Bearcats!   READ MORE

Elaine Betesh '17

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
September 19, 2014 - 3:32pm

1) Name: Elaine Betesh 2) Year: Sophomore 3) Major: Psychology 4) Hometown: Brooklyn, NY 5) Three words to describe yourself: outgoing, fun, loud 6) What is your personal superpower: Invisibility 7) Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Living in NYC, in the FBI 8) Favorite Binghamton memory: CIW Milkshakes READ MORE

Backpacks Are The New Black

By Melissa Chalson
September 19, 2014 - 12:35pm

READ MORE

5 Reasons Why We Love Aaron Paul

By Maura Lewis
September 17, 2014 - 4:15pm

We know Breaking Bad ended a year ago, but we still can't get over the perfect being that is Aaron Paul. If you weren't on board before, here's why you should be: 1. He is madly in love with his wife. Source: Brandon Kidd READ MORE

My First Semester Goals

By Samantha Wieder
September 16, 2014 - 11:28am

One of the best parts of classes starting again each fall is the chance to set new goals for yourself. The start of a new academic year is almost like New Year's Day: School Edition. Many students have similar goals in mind like getting good grades, getting more involved in clubs and organizations, and having a good time. While I share all of these goals with my peers, I have a few of my own unique goals this fall semester that I'm looking forward to accomplishing.     1. Getting Accepted to Study Abroad READ MORE

Restaurant Week

By Amanda Gurock
September 14, 2014 - 1:30pm

It's the best week in Binghamton! Check out http://www.binghamtonrestaurantweek.com/ for details on lunch and dinner meuns in the area. READ MORE

Courtney Berenato

By Amanda Gurock
September 13, 2014 - 8:59pm

Name: Courtney Berenato Year in School: Senior Future Occupation: Nurse Favorite Movies: Star Wars, The Dark Knight Favorite TV Shows: Law & Order, Game of Thrones, Friends 3 Random Facts: - I love watching documentaries. - I am highly afraid of dolls. - I played the French Horn when I was younger. READ MORE

3 Professors You'll Want to Get to Know this Semester

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
September 13, 2014 - 7:00pm

Kenny Christianson READ MORE

Daniel Fernandez

By Maura Lewis
September 13, 2014 - 3:02pm

This week's Campus Celebrity article was meant to focus on someone who had an interesting intership this summer. After sifting through a few really cool stories, I had the pleasure of interviewing BU senior Daniel Fernandez about his internship in Brooklyn with Amplify. Amplify is a company that develops web curriculums for children in order to teach them through games and other applications- teaching without "teaching". The subject material includes topics such as math, science, English, and even Spanish. Daniel's responsibilities at Amplify included supervision of the children during the beta testing as well as collecting and entering their feedback from surveys. READ MORE