Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Archives

Fall 2014 Guide To Exciting New Shows

By Melissa Chalson
September 26, 2014 - 2:39pm

As the school year really starts to pick up there are so many things to keep up with like schoolwork, meetings, and most importantly TV shows. Every fall an influx of new shows come to our TV screens. They bring in new sitcoms, dramas, and thrillers for us to get hooked on. Here are some of the new Fall 2014 shows we are really excited about. READ MORE

Game Day Chicken Wings

By Maura Lewis
September 25, 2014 - 1:40pm

In the spirit of football season (s/o to the Syracuse Orange), my lovely roommate made some delicious game day chicken wings. Sometimes less is more, and this is certainly one of those times. With nothing more than coconut oil and a dusting of paprika, these bad boys are the perfect comfort food for watching the game or a 2 a.m. snack after visiting State Street. READ MORE

Wineries to Check Out

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
September 24, 2014 - 11:21pm

With Rosh Hashanah break brings lots of time to kick back and relax and recharge from the stresses that the first month of class has brought. And what’s a better way to relax than with a wine tour. Black Bear Farm Winery, in Chenango Forks, is essentially right around the corner from the Binghamton area and gives you a great way to support the local community. They’re open from 12PM to 6PM Tuesday to Thursday and on Fridays they’re open until 9PM. READ MORE

Campus Celebrity Study Abroad Edition: Karly Weinreb

By Samantha Wieder
September 23, 2014 - 10:54am

Thinking about studying abroad for a semester while at Binghamton? This week's campus celebrity, Karly Weinreb is back at Binghamton this fall after spending the spring 2014 semester in Jerusalem, Israel studying at Hebrew University. Students who spend a semester abroad come back to campus the following semester with new cultural experiences that only spending five months in another country can provide them with. Here is what Karly had to say about her experience abroad last semester and her advice for anyone considering going abroad as well.   READ MORE

Residence Halls Close

By Amanda Gurock
September 21, 2014 - 10:19am

Dorms will close for the holiday break at 2PM and re-open on Sunday the 28th.  READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: This Guy Will Make You Rethink Your Major

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
September 19, 2014 - 6:52pm

When you think about picking your major in college, most of the time it’s done very practically and without much thought. If you want to be a movie star, you choose theater. If you dream of being the Beyoncé, you pick music (or you try out for one of the many vocal talent shows on TV nowadays). The next Wall Street mogul? Business Administration. So when I met William Ferrante, a junior double majoring in Cell and Molecular Biology and Studio Art with hopes of going on to dental school and becoming an oral surgeon, I was intrigued and needed to learn more. What made you want to take up Pre-Med as a college career path? READ MORE

My Favorite Place On Campus: The Nature Preserve

By Deena Abramson
September 19, 2014 - 4:44pm

At Binghamton University, we are lucky to be home to the beautiful nature preserve.  If you have not checked it out yet, or have not gone for a long time, the nature preserve is the best place for a weekend hike, run through the woods, or stargazing at night.  Fun Fact: in 1969, University students fought against turning the area into playing fields.  Instead they proposed that the land be used for both educational and recreational purposes.  So if you have gone to the nature preserve during a biology or environmental studies lab, thank your fellow Bearcats!   READ MORE

Elaine Betesh '17

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
September 19, 2014 - 3:32pm

1) Name: Elaine Betesh 2) Year: Sophomore 3) Major: Psychology 4) Hometown: Brooklyn, NY 5) Three words to describe yourself: outgoing, fun, loud 6) What is your personal superpower: Invisibility 7) Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Living in NYC, in the FBI 8) Favorite Binghamton memory: CIW Milkshakes READ MORE

Backpacks Are The New Black

By Melissa Chalson
September 19, 2014 - 12:35pm

READ MORE

5 Reasons Why We Love Aaron Paul

By Maura Lewis
September 17, 2014 - 4:15pm

We know Breaking Bad ended a year ago, but we still can't get over the perfect being that is Aaron Paul. If you weren't on board before, here's why you should be: 1. He is madly in love with his wife. Source: Brandon Kidd READ MORE