Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Archives

Snapshot: Memories from Halloween's Past

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
October 23, 2014 - 8:20pm

When I think of Halloween and fall in general, the first thing that always comes to mind is candy. It seems like nowadays the fall festivities consist of hourly runs to Starbucks for Pumpkin Spice lattes and planning group costumes with the besties. But growing up, times were much simpler, and a little sweeter. READ MORE

Halloween Dessert Recipe Ideas

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 23, 2014 - 12:33pm

Okay readers, this will officially be my last Halloween-related article since the spooky holiday is creeping up next weekend, just around the corner! My favorite part about Halloween besides the creative costumes is the yummy candy and snacks. Here are some easy, cute and great dessert recipe ideas from Pinterest for a Halloween party, for hanging out with friends, or just to indulge in by yourself: 1. Playful Pumpkin Cookies http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/playful-pumpkin-sandwich-cookies/65d0cd......

How to: Make Halloween Drinks

By Maura Lewis
October 23, 2014 - 12:53am

Tis' the season to get spooky. Halloween usually implies lots of candy, sugar, creepy treats, and more sugar. I feel like people usually focus on making fancy halloween desserts like tombstone cupcakes, pumpkin cookies, and wormy dirt cups of pudding. If you feel like mixing it up, here's a list of some very cool Halloween themed drink ideas from HGTV. For our younger readers, check the bottom of the list for alcohol-free, super yummy options! Beginner: READ MORE

My Cinderella Story

By Elyssa Diamond
October 22, 2014 - 10:34pm

My “Cinderella story” isn’t exactly a stereotypical fairy tale. Sure, prom was fun. I enjoyed sitting in a salon chair while someone who actually knew what she was doing perfected my hair and makeup. All the cameras were exciting, until the extended smiles numbed my cheeks. And my shoes were fabulous, although I took them off as soon as I arrived at the venue. Everyone likes to be pampered sometimes, but my Cinderella story is far more low-key. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Halloween Edition

By Deena Abramson
October 22, 2014 - 10:18pm

Name: Jackie Isabel Gole Year: Senior Major: Mathematics Hometown: Tenafly, New Jersey Favorite part about Halloween:  Eating a ton of candy and dressing up in funny costumes with her friends. Plans for dressing up this year:  Miss America, I'm wearing an American Flag dress, a tiara, and a pageant sash.  Another night I'm being #basic and carry around a Pumpkin Spice Latte of course! READ MORE

Boobie Bingo

By Amanda Gurock
October 21, 2014 - 9:46pm

An educational form of BINGO to raise awarness about breast cancer.  READ MORE

5 Super Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

By Danjeh Haeri
October 21, 2014 - 2:28pm

With just a little over a week to Halloweekend, it's about that time where we start freaking out over our costumes! No matter what year you are at Binghamton, it's obvious that Halloween is a big deal and everyone goes all out to dress up in the most extravagant costumes. No worries though, because we have a bunch of costumes that you could put together the night before and not have to spend a dollar!   1. Emojis   Just grab your best friend and pair leotards with a black bow or cat ears!   2. Vampire READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Susan Reilly

By Amanda Gurock
October 18, 2014 - 4:57pm

Name: Susan Reilly Year: First year grad student Major: Biology Fun Facts: I make really great crumb cake I went to Belize on a marine biology trip I have a jet ski I love ketchup One of my favorite shows is Sons of Anarchy READ MORE

Best YouTube Beauty Gurus To Watch

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
October 18, 2014 - 4:55pm

We all love staying on top of the coolest and cutest makeup trends but sometimes we get stuck in a rut and and end up doing the same smokey eye every time we go out. If your going to get a new top for everytime you go out why not try out a new eyeshadow too! If your looking for a new way to dress up your makeup game then look no further than these 3 fabulous makeup gurus who offer fun and easy to follow makeup tutorial videos on YouTube.   Cassandra Bankson, DiamondsAndHeels14: READ MORE

How To: Look Cute and Stay Warm Downtown

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 18, 2014 - 2:51pm

With the weather starting to inevitably turn chillier, our desire and hype to go out downtown are thus dwindling. However, on the occasion that we are up for a fun and memorable night out, we are likely going to have trouble deciding what to wear. Have no fear-here are some ways you can be comfortable and not freezing and still look super cute!: 1. Dress in layers READ MORE