Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Archives

Meet Your CC!

By Amanda Gurock
October 25, 2014 - 11:55pm

Name: Amanda Gurock Year: Senior Major: English with a concentration in rhetoric Favorite TV Shows: Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Pretty Little Liars, The Voice, The Middle Favorite Actors: Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Posey, Ian Somerhalder, Joseph Morgan Favorite Actress: Nina Dobrev <3  Favorite Stores: Lord and Taylor, Forever 21, H&M READ MORE

Snapshot: Coffee on Campus

By Samantha Wieder
October 25, 2014 - 11:14pm

READ MORE

Best Halloween TV Specials

By Melissa Chalson
October 25, 2014 - 1:03am

There are so many reasons to look forward to October 31st aka Halloween; the candy, the costumes, and the partying are definitely on the top of the list. However, something that is so underratedly exciting when Halloween comes around is the TV specials! Of course everyone has their classic fave Halloween movies, but it’s a nice change of pace when everyone’s favorite shows spice up their storylines with a spooky one! Here are some of my favorite Halloween episodes! (Please note that this is my personal opinion based on the TV I watch. As well, no one was harmed in the making of this list.) Happy almost Halloween!!!      How I Met Your Mother: “The Slutty Pumpkin” READ MORE

Snapshot: Memories from Halloween's Past

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
October 23, 2014 - 8:20pm

When I think of Halloween and fall in general, the first thing that always comes to mind is candy. It seems like nowadays the fall festivities consist of hourly runs to Starbucks for Pumpkin Spice lattes and planning group costumes with the besties. But growing up, times were much simpler, and a little sweeter. READ MORE

Halloween Dessert Recipe Ideas

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 23, 2014 - 12:33pm

Okay readers, this will officially be my last Halloween-related article since the spooky holiday is creeping up next weekend, just around the corner! My favorite part about Halloween besides the creative costumes is the yummy candy and snacks. Here are some easy, cute and great dessert recipe ideas from Pinterest for a Halloween party, for hanging out with friends, or just to indulge in by yourself: 1. Playful Pumpkin Cookies http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/playful-pumpkin-sandwich-cookies/65d0cd......

How to: Make Halloween Drinks

By Maura Lewis
October 23, 2014 - 12:53am

Tis' the season to get spooky. Halloween usually implies lots of candy, sugar, creepy treats, and more sugar. I feel like people usually focus on making fancy halloween desserts like tombstone cupcakes, pumpkin cookies, and wormy dirt cups of pudding. If you feel like mixing it up, here's a list of some very cool Halloween themed drink ideas from HGTV. For our younger readers, check the bottom of the list for alcohol-free, super yummy options! Beginner: READ MORE

My Cinderella Story

By Elyssa Diamond
October 22, 2014 - 10:34pm

My “Cinderella story” isn’t exactly a stereotypical fairy tale. Sure, prom was fun. I enjoyed sitting in a salon chair while someone who actually knew what she was doing perfected my hair and makeup. All the cameras were exciting, until the extended smiles numbed my cheeks. And my shoes were fabulous, although I took them off as soon as I arrived at the venue. Everyone likes to be pampered sometimes, but my Cinderella story is far more low-key. READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Halloween Edition

By Deena Abramson
October 22, 2014 - 10:18pm

Name: Jackie Isabel Gole Year: Senior Major: Mathematics Hometown: Tenafly, New Jersey Favorite part about Halloween:  Eating a ton of candy and dressing up in funny costumes with her friends. Plans for dressing up this year:  Miss America, I'm wearing an American Flag dress, a tiara, and a pageant sash.  Another night I'm being #basic and carry around a Pumpkin Spice Latte of course! READ MORE

Boobie Bingo

By Amanda Gurock
October 21, 2014 - 9:46pm

An educational form of BINGO to raise awarness about breast cancer.  READ MORE

5 Super Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

By Danjeh Haeri
October 21, 2014 - 2:28pm

With just a little over a week to Halloweekend, it's about that time where we start freaking out over our costumes! No matter what year you are at Binghamton, it's obvious that Halloween is a big deal and everyone goes all out to dress up in the most extravagant costumes. No worries though, because we have a bunch of costumes that you could put together the night before and not have to spend a dollar!   1. Emojis   Just grab your best friend and pair leotards with a black bow or cat ears!   2. Vampire READ MORE