Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Archives

Campus Cutie: Whitney Davis

By Samantha Wieder
October 31, 2014 - 12:57pm

What year are you? Sophomore.   What is your major? Undeclared.   What's your favorite thing about Binghamton? My favorite thing about Binghamton is all of the nice people I've met, especially in Sigma!   What's your favorite quote? "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that's why they call it the present."   What was your favorite childhood Halloween costume? I was a pumpkin when I was one!   READ MORE

Meet Asha Antony!

By Danjeh Haeri
October 30, 2014 - 9:15pm

Name: Asha Antony Year: Sophomore Major: Integrative Neuroscience Hometown: Ronkonkoma, NY Hobbies: Art, shopping, and watching movies Favorite Stores: Forever 21 and Pacsun TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Grey's Anatomy Actresses: Jennifer Lawrence, Mindy Kaling, Julia Stiles Actors: Johnny Depp, Alex Pettyfer READ MORE

My Halloween Inspiration

By Melissa Chalson
October 30, 2014 - 1:33pm

READ MORE

5 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
October 29, 2014 - 7:48pm

So, Halloween is only a few days away and you suddenly realized that you can't be Adele Dazeem, *ahem* sorry, Idina Menzel's Elsa Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night of Halloweekend. Even Snow Queens need a night off every now and then! But don't panick. There are plenty of last minute costumes you can put together with minimal effort and end up looking effortless rather than lazy.    1) The "Party Animal" READ MORE

How To: Stay Safe On Halloween

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 29, 2014 - 5:37pm

Halloween can be a slightly scary, sketchy, creepy and dangerous holiday. Here are some tips for staying safe, whether you're out partying or trick-or-treating: 1. Travel in groups-this is necessary for downtwon 2. Drink in moderation-not that you wouldn't normally, but this especially important at those crazy Halloween parties 3. Be aware of your surroundings and report anything weird-the police will be on high alert all of Halloween weekend READ MORE

5 Cute Halloween Nail Art Ideas

By Nicole Pagano
October 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

Halloweekend at Binghamton is just about here, and as we make our last minute touches to our costumes, plan our makeup, and figure out our plans for the weekend, we can't forget about our nails! With Fall comes trendy dark nails. While these nail colors are season appropriate and super cute to flaunt, we're dressing up, so why not complete our look with some cute Halloween nail art! From mermaid nails to sugar skulls, there is a design for everyone and every outfit!         1. Mermaid Nails This is one of my favorites and so easy to do yourself! Just take some glitter nail polish (preferably in a blue/green or dark purple for the mermaid vibe), paint on some scales and your mermaid look is complete right down to your nails....

HALLOWEEN

By Amanda Gurock
October 26, 2014 - 2:23pm

THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR! GET YOUR CANDY AND COSTUMES BECAUSE IT IS FINALLY HALLOWEEN. READ MORE

Meet Your CC!

By Amanda Gurock
October 25, 2014 - 11:55pm

Name: Amanda Gurock Year: Senior Major: English with a concentration in rhetoric Favorite TV Shows: Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Pretty Little Liars, The Voice, The Middle Favorite Actors: Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Posey, Ian Somerhalder, Joseph Morgan Favorite Actress: Nina Dobrev <3  Favorite Stores: Lord and Taylor, Forever 21, H&M READ MORE

Snapshot: Coffee on Campus

By Samantha Wieder
October 25, 2014 - 11:14pm

READ MORE

Best Halloween TV Specials

By Melissa Chalson
October 25, 2014 - 1:03am

There are so many reasons to look forward to October 31st aka Halloween; the candy, the costumes, and the partying are definitely on the top of the list. However, something that is so underratedly exciting when Halloween comes around is the TV specials! Of course everyone has their classic fave Halloween movies, but it’s a nice change of pace when everyone’s favorite shows spice up their storylines with a spooky one! Here are some of my favorite Halloween episodes! (Please note that this is my personal opinion based on the TV I watch. As well, no one was harmed in the making of this list.) Happy almost Halloween!!!      How I Met Your Mother: “The Slutty Pumpkin” READ MORE