Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Binghamton Archives

5 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

By Hannah L. Gianninoto
October 29, 2014 - 7:48pm

So, Halloween is only a few days away and you suddenly realized that you can't be Adele Dazeem, *ahem* sorry, Idina Menzel's Elsa Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night of Halloweekend. Even Snow Queens need a night off every now and then! But don't panick. There are plenty of last minute costumes you can put together with minimal effort and end up looking effortless rather than lazy.    1) The "Party Animal" READ MORE

How To: Stay Safe On Halloween

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 29, 2014 - 5:37pm

Halloween can be a slightly scary, sketchy, creepy and dangerous holiday. Here are some tips for staying safe, whether you're out partying or trick-or-treating: 1. Travel in groups-this is necessary for downtwon 2. Drink in moderation-not that you wouldn't normally, but this especially important at those crazy Halloween parties 3. Be aware of your surroundings and report anything weird-the police will be on high alert all of Halloween weekend READ MORE

5 Cute Halloween Nail Art Ideas

By Nicole Pagano
October 29, 2014 - 12:00pm

Halloweekend at Binghamton is just about here, and as we make our last minute touches to our costumes, plan our makeup, and figure out our plans for the weekend, we can't forget about our nails! With Fall comes trendy dark nails. While these nail colors are season appropriate and super cute to flaunt, we're dressing up, so why not complete our look with some cute Halloween nail art! From mermaid nails to sugar skulls, there is a design for everyone and every outfit!         1. Mermaid Nails This is one of my favorites and so easy to do yourself! Just take some glitter nail polish (preferably in a blue/green or dark purple for the mermaid vibe), paint on some scales and your mermaid look is complete right down to your nails....

HALLOWEEN

By Amanda Gurock
October 26, 2014 - 2:23pm

THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR! GET YOUR CANDY AND COSTUMES BECAUSE IT IS FINALLY HALLOWEEN. READ MORE

Meet Your CC!

By Amanda Gurock
October 25, 2014 - 11:55pm

Name: Amanda Gurock Year: Senior Major: English with a concentration in rhetoric Favorite TV Shows: Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Pretty Little Liars, The Voice, The Middle Favorite Actors: Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Posey, Ian Somerhalder, Joseph Morgan Favorite Actress: Nina Dobrev <3  Favorite Stores: Lord and Taylor, Forever 21, H&M READ MORE

Snapshot: Coffee on Campus

By Samantha Wieder
October 25, 2014 - 11:14pm

READ MORE

Best Halloween TV Specials

By Melissa Chalson
October 25, 2014 - 1:03am

There are so many reasons to look forward to October 31st aka Halloween; the candy, the costumes, and the partying are definitely on the top of the list. However, something that is so underratedly exciting when Halloween comes around is the TV specials! Of course everyone has their classic fave Halloween movies, but it’s a nice change of pace when everyone’s favorite shows spice up their storylines with a spooky one! Here are some of my favorite Halloween episodes! (Please note that this is my personal opinion based on the TV I watch. As well, no one was harmed in the making of this list.) Happy almost Halloween!!!      How I Met Your Mother: “The Slutty Pumpkin” READ MORE

Snapshot: Memories from Halloween's Past

By Shavonna Q. Hinton
October 23, 2014 - 8:20pm

When I think of Halloween and fall in general, the first thing that always comes to mind is candy. It seems like nowadays the fall festivities consist of hourly runs to Starbucks for Pumpkin Spice lattes and planning group costumes with the besties. But growing up, times were much simpler, and a little sweeter. READ MORE

Halloween Dessert Recipe Ideas

By Rachel A. Kaplan
October 23, 2014 - 12:33pm

Okay readers, this will officially be my last Halloween-related article since the spooky holiday is creeping up next weekend, just around the corner! My favorite part about Halloween besides the creative costumes is the yummy candy and snacks. Here are some easy, cute and great dessert recipe ideas from Pinterest for a Halloween party, for hanging out with friends, or just to indulge in by yourself: 1. Playful Pumpkin Cookies http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/playful-pumpkin-sandwich-cookies/65d0cd......

How to: Make Halloween Drinks

By Maura Lewis
October 23, 2014 - 12:53am

Tis' the season to get spooky. Halloween usually implies lots of candy, sugar, creepy treats, and more sugar. I feel like people usually focus on making fancy halloween desserts like tombstone cupcakes, pumpkin cookies, and wormy dirt cups of pudding. If you feel like mixing it up, here's a list of some very cool Halloween themed drink ideas from HGTV. For our younger readers, check the bottom of the list for alcohol-free, super yummy options! Beginner: READ MORE