6 Tips to Survive Thanksgiving Dinner

Posted -

6 Tips to Survive Thanksgiving Dinner

1. Wear leggings

When it comes to all the food you’re going to consume, leggings are a must. You want to avoid having to unbutton those jeans or walk around wearing a skirt that fit when you came in but you’re now having a little trouble sitting in.

Image result for leggings

2. Choose a school related topic that you like

Since every family member at thanksgiving is going to ask you about school. Decide on something you wouldn’t mind talking about before-hand and work on steering every conversation about school towards that topic. Examples: clubs, sports, anything other than classes…

Image result for choosing a major

3.Take a nap beforehand

The last thing you need is your family members making fun of you when you fall asleep on the couch later on. This is partly due to the sheer amount of food you ate and partly due to how you haven’t slept in the last week.

Image result for marker on face sleeping mustache

4.Be prepared to pace yourself

Sure you want to test all the appetizers but you also don’t want to miss out on the turkey and stuffing! By only eating 10 chips with dip piled on them instead of 50 you’re more likely to have room for the main course AND dessert.

Image result for thanksgiving dinner kirby

5.Work out in the morning

Step one to feel less guilty about indulging later that night is to be active in the morning. Maybe even sign up for one of the 5k’s that are held that morning.

Image result for person running thanksgiving

6. Find any way to avoid the boyfriend topic

AVOID THIS TOPIC BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. ANY. MEANS.

Image result for dont go there sign

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login