5 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

So, Halloween is only a few days away and you suddenly realized that you can’t be Adele Dazeem, *ahem* sorry, Idina Menzel’s Elsa Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night of Halloweekend. Even Snow Queens need a night off every now and then! But don’t panick. There are plenty of last minute costumes you can put together with minimal effort and end up looking effortless rather than lazy. 

1) The “Party Animal”

This one is super easy and cute. Just throw on that leopard dress/top that you never wear, pair it with some black booties and do a cat eye, some hot pink lipstick and voila! You’re one animal who really likes to party!

2) The Hippie

All you need for this is to grab that floral headband you have lying around from when you went to Bonaroo and pair it with a maxi skirt or bell bottom jeans, a crop top and some beaded jewlery. Just be sure to remember that every photo op calls for a peace sign!

3) The Cowgirl

I am obsessed with Miranda Lambert (if you couldn’t tell from my choice of the picture above) and who wouldn’t love to embody her for a night!? Just do up some nice pigtails or flowing curls, and grab your flannel and jeans! Also cowgirl boots and a cowgirl hat really adds to the outfit! (If you don’t have either of these things this costume might not be for you).

4) The “Slutty Pumpkin (Spice Latte)” from HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother)

HIMYM might be over, but the slutty pumpkin will live on forever in our hearts. Literally just walk into Walmart buy a cheap oversized tee with a pumpkin on it and make some strategic cuts, pair it with a black bandage skirt and you’ll be Katie Holmes in no time! Optional: Carry around a grande Starbucks cup with you for the night and now your not just a Slutty Pumpkin but also a super unhealthy beverage from Starbucks! Congrats your costume is officially more basic!

5) The “I woke up like this costume”

This is for those of you who like to keep it comfy. It also combines two of everyone’s favorite things: Queen Bey and a reference to Frozen! Simply don’t do your hair or makeup (or very minimally) and throw on some PJ’s! Maybe even attatch a hairbrush to your untamed locks if you wanna really go for it. You actually woke up like that!

She was the Binghamton University Campus Correspondent Spring 2015-Spring 2016. She started writing for Her Campus second semester Freshman year and has loved it ever since! She is now a Binghamton University graduate with a degree in English and minor in History. She is an enthusiastic writer and reader, obsessed with social media, traveling, and ending misogyny. Her two great loves are Harry Potter marathons and sampling cheese. She is excited by the prospect of new challenges and can't wait to dive in and get her hands dirty.
Binghamton Contributor